Potential player walkout

8 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

Echo the non-league shouts.
I've bagged a season ticket for a team all the way down in tier 10 of the pyramid for next season

Don’t worry you will be back At Hillsborough in no time once you start watching your new team play away games as well.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Hallam is a great set up. £75 season ticket, good beer on, decent chips. Football’s probably comparable in quality to the shíte we’ve served up over the past 18 months as well

Play in blue and white as well.

It'll be stavely miners welfare for me next season, should the need arise. Community club doing some great stuff for the locals round here.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Go to a game of non-league Si... at least it's honest. You'll enjoy it more than you think you will too

This 

If Wednesday go bust, I will devote my football time to Stocksbridge Park Steels. 

1 hour ago, Owl 44 said:

I also wondered this. Most other clubs have been reporting selling theirs. I have over £500 already tied up in a season ticket I may not be able to use.

Unless you paid cash try card charge back. 

A bit late to this thread so apologies if already mentioned but if these players threatening to walk are ones like Bannan, and Windass  that could have potentially been sold for a decent price then that’s a double whammy of losing some of the few players who are “a” our better and much needed players and “b” that are actually worth something 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, farlego said:

A bit late to this thread so apologies if already mentioned but if these players threatening to walk are ones like Bannan, and Windass  that could have potentially been sold for a decent price then that’s a double whammy of losing some of the few players who are “a” our better and much needed players and “b” that are actually worth something 

I've got a funny feeling that they're getting paid.

It's the others.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

It'll be stavely miners welfare for me next season, should the need arise. Community club doing some great stuff for the locals round here.

Same for me, best set up in the area and chairman is a big Wednesdayite. 

4 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Same for me, best set up in the area and chairman is a big Wednesdayite. 

Yup it's great down there, except when I really needed an u9 Saturday team last year they had folded it gggrrrr.

It's brilliant what they have achieved and the stuff they do is very community focused and doing it the right way. Fair play to them.

Edited by Maddogbob

24 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Are we the only club in the land whose local journalists tell us our players are not being paid and about to hand in notice, then a few hours later start linking us with players again? 

Odd. 

YES

Yes we are

because we are the only club being run like this by their chairman

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Are we the only club in the land whose local journalists tell us our players are not being paid and about to hand in notice, then a few hours later start linking us with players again? 

Odd. 

Why is it that? Who's responsible for that?  All they are doing is reporting the news, from your club.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
3 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I've got a funny feeling that they're getting paid.

It's the others.

Well can’t see Dawson and Wildsmith bluffing it because it must be players who could sign for championship clubs.. otherwise no player is going to walk away from their contract if they don’t have another one to go to. Even if not getting paid, it’s better to stick it out and fight it through the PFA as the league will force the club to cough up eventually 

14 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Dom has written a piece about the PFA negotiating with the club already. Perhaps the situation, bad as it is, is not as dire as we thought.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/pfa-sheffield-wednesday-players-wages-20725749

I suspect the PFA have either agreed a date with the club or given the club a deadline to pay the outstanding wages after which they will advise their members to hand in their notice.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

And Staveley MW FC play in blue/white stripes and are run by a (former?) Wednesdayite, I think.

• Like 1