Potential player walkout

37 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The payment for the ground has already been account for in the last club accounts.

If the payment is defaulted then the loan charge holder gets possession of the stadium, a company owned by a person based in Surrey. 

That is only if we don't repay his loan, which has a charge on the property. I am talking about the staged payments from Sheffield 3 to purchase the ground which I assume is due before the end of our tax year in July.

The second loan to the Essex guy is a separate issue....or problem a couple of months later

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

VERY depressing at the moment to have bad news after bad news after bad news - all created by this chairman

I just want to go back to talking about the football and new signings and new kit and fixture list

That would be like a dream. Writing off New signings before they even kick a ball... thems were the days.

Just got to hope and pray we don't get liquidated.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The joke's on the shark from Surrey.

The footprint of Hillsborough with it's flooding issue and planning problems isn't worth what he thinks it is.

The rental agreement is worthless without a club to pay it.

He'll be lucky if he wipes his face on this one.

6 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

That is only if we don't repay his loan, which has a charge on the property. I am talking about the staged payments from Sheffield 3 to purchase the ground which I assume is due before the end of our tax year in July.

The second loan to the Essex guy is a separate issue....or problem a couple of months later

Good point.

How much are the staged payments, £7M?

2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Bit strange how, in a reletively slow news week for football, there's nothing in the national press or BBC/Sky Sports about this player walkout.

Nothing from the agents, the players or the PFA.

That's not to say its not occurring but still, a bit odd.

They are too busy jizzing themselves over the England squad. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Bit strange how, in a reletively slow news week for football, there's nothing in the national press or BBC/Sky Sports about this player walkout.

Nothing from the agents, the players or the PFA.

That's not to say its not occurring but still, a bit odd.

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 17.19.09.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, owlinexile said:

I think the fact that season tickets are still not on sale with no word of explanation from the club is the most worrying thing of all.

I also wondered this. Most other clubs have been reporting selling theirs. I have over £500 already tied up in a season ticket I may not be able to use.

20 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

I also wondered this. Most other clubs have been reporting selling theirs. I have over £500 already tied up in a season ticket I may not be able to use.

And if things carry on, money you will lose, if you don't get it out of the club fast

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

In all seriousness though, if this is the end, then that's me done with this f*cking game.

Get involved with grassroots mate. Football in its purest form. It's what keeps me going.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Get involved with grassroots mate. Football in its purest form. It's what keeps me going.

Plenty of politics in that too unfortunately though it is easier to be distant from it and just turn up and enjoy a game. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Plenty of politics in that too unfortunately though it is easier to be distant from it and just turn up and enjoy a game. 

Well yes there is, but wherever you find people, ull find that. Nice when you just turn up and your able to enjoy the game.

Key is distancing yourself from the politics.

Hope your lad managed to secure that cup win btw.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Go to a game of non-league Si... at least it's honest. You'll enjoy it more than you think you will too

24 minutes ago, SiJ said:

In all seriousness though, if this is the end, then that's me done with this f*cking game.

Echo the non-league shouts.
I've bagged a season ticket for a team all the way down in tier 10 of the pyramid for next season

Edited by Gerinako