Potential player walkout

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

Bit strange how, in a reletively slow news week for football, there's nothing in the national press or BBC/Sky Sports about this player walkout.

Nothing from the agents, the players or the PFA.

That's not to say its not occurring but still, a bit odd.

Media too bothered bout boring England & t’boring Euros coming up… 🥱 💤 

• Love 1

Guest Mcguigan
19 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Because I don’t think it’s happened yet. We must be in the ultimatum stage. 

If there's anything in this, the PFA as the players main union, will have been all over it for weeks. Players welfare and mental health is very high on their adjenda, and rightly so. Players been forced out of work due to no wages will not sit kindly with them.

I've been involved with the PFA on one or two matters and there's more leaks than a sparky fitting a sink.

35 minutes ago, maidstoneowl said:

if they walk out from deal then problems

if the deal is right then no walking 

so if club has no sponsor then all is problems and no new player

if young player go be cause money is not right then trouble for future

This is the worry

Are you Yoda?

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, striker said:

He hasn't paid the club for the stadium yet. He owes the club £7.5m per year over the next 8 years. We may see if the accounts are ever published but do not think his company set up to buy the stadium has paid a penny for it yet. 

So if Sheffield 3 default in their payment for the purchase of the ground, does the contract become null and void, with ownership reverting to swfc. DC will then need to sue DC for the monies?

If that is the case and the club gets ownership of the ground, but not the £60m..... what does that do to ffp? 126 points deduction next season?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

So if Sheffield 3 default in their payment for the purchase of the ground, does the contract become null and void, with ownership reverting to swfc. DC will then need to sue DC for the monies?

If that is the case and the club gets ownership of the ground, but not the £60m..... what does that do to ffp? 126 points deduction next season?

Goes to the person holding the loan note. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

Mate I have been in thailand for the past fifteen months. I’ve yet to meet a Thai who has heard of him. They know about Leicester because they play Man U and Liverpool but go out of the premier and they look blank. 

Sod the football updates. Tell us about the ladyboys!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

What does "we're led to believe" mean exactly?

Is it the same as "sources from within the club"?

I.e. you know nothing credible?

It means that someone (probably a player trying to force Chansiri's hand) has been talking to the press, but when Crann contacted the club for confirmation they probably 'no commented' him.

According to my wife who is a press officer, at least.

26 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

The payment for the ground has already been account for in the last club accounts.

If the payment is defaulted then the loan charge holder gets possession of the stadium, a company owned by a person based in Surrey. 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It must mean it's all made up 

Dont' worry - nothing's happening really it's all just made up by people wanting to stir the pot

In reality the club's running really well

Aup. You're not being serious here are you.

As an aside, wouldn't it be nice to be well run. To not drop onto OT and see some terrible new headline. Really depressing.

12 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

What does "we're led to believe" mean exactly?

Is it the same as "sources from within the club"?

I.e. you know nothing credible?

Think any credible journalist normally gets more than one source for a story like this.

Not saying journalists don't get anything wrong but with things like this if he is totally wrong he is putting his job and reputation on the line.

So I normally tend to believe the story is true.

Just now, Spondon Owl said:

Aup. You're not being serious here are you.

As an aside, wouldn't it be nice to be well run. To not drop onto OT and see some terrible new headline. Really depressing.

VERY depressing at the moment to have bad news after bad news after bad news - all created by this chairman

I just want to go back to talking about the football and new signings and new kit and fixture list

• Like 9

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

VERY depressing at the moment to have bad news after bad news after bad news - all created by this chairman

I just want to go back to talking about the football and new signings and new kit and fixture list

Also curry sauce.

2 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

I think the fact that season tickets are still not on sale with no word of explanation from the club is the most worrying thing of all.

No point selling them yet, it's not as if we're in urgent need of a chunk of new income.

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh blast, i thought we were going to talk about owls. I have been madly researching owls, there is so much discuss. Did you know in many societies owls are a bad omen.

Guest Hornsby
56 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Goes to the person holding the loan note. 

Who has a fixed charge over stadium and floating over club shares and crashed Watford similarly.