Potential player walkout

Guest Grandad
15 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Agree with all you’ve said but again I’m not making myself very clear..........

The Bangkok Post is a sister paper to the Wall Street journal & as such has a target audience of the “movers & shakers“, the decision makers, the stock market traders in Thailand who will not have the faintest clue or interest in SWFC but will deal with TUF & the name Chansiri on a daily basis!

By raising the profile & asking questions of DC’s handling of our club it may cause ripples on the Thai stock exchange, maybe even concern for investors ....... Enough for the TUF group to get involved to protect their share price and clear their name...... It could even lead to DC being replaced internally because of the damage he’s doing to the brand!

I reckon it could be worth a stab and maybe produce more dividends than a couple of hundred marching round Hillsborough Park waving banners which may make front page of The Star & get 10 seconds on Calendar!

Right. Thats it.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL CASBAH?

This feels like the end

Even when Howard Wilkinson was forced to come out to reason with the fans during the Dave Allen protests I had hope

Forget Bolton, we're far closer to doing a Bury

1 minute ago, IWEDFM said:

This feels like the end

Even when Howard Wilkinson was forced to come out to reason with the fans during the Dave Allen protests I had hope

Forget Bolton, we're far closer to doing a Bury

Yep.

If we can't fulfill our fixtures then the club is done for, surely?

• Like 2

He's sold the stadium to himself...he's refusing to pay the players wages...we fail to fulfill our fixtures...we are booted from the league...we cease to exist...he owns the stadium...

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He's sold the stadium to himself...he's refusing to pay the players wages...we fail to fulfill our fixtures...we are booted from the league...we cease to exist...he owns the stadium...

Until September when he can't pay whoever he mortgaged the stadium to.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think you're bang on mate 

Maybe that could be achieved through a joint press release from all supporters organisations and Wednesday notable fans?

This Could be the way forward.

The General

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

Mate I have been in thailand for the past fifteen months. I’ve yet to meet a Thai who has heard of him. They know about Leicester because they play Man U and Liverpool but go out of the premier and they look blank. 

ive lived in Thailand 10+ years and your right no Thai person knows who DC is but everyone knows who Leicester owners are, not for the football club, but they own a large chain of retail stores and they are mega rich Thai family 

not saying DC poor but the level of wealth between DC and Leicester is night and day sadly.

also Thai currency starting to tank against the pound, so what money DC does have also is becoming less and less...... it’s actually would be a good time for him to cash out in that respect.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, owlinexile said:

We start the process of rebuilding the club from whatever he has left behind.

Somebody got to show interest in buying the club. I don't see many lining up wi offers and he still owns the ground don't he. If he gets pizt off he'd prob sell to tesco or summat. 

1 minute ago, S1Owl said:

Somebody got to show interest in buying the club. I don't see many lining up wi offers and he still owns the ground don't he. If he gets pizt off he'd prob sell to tesco or summat. 

He hasn't paid the club for the stadium yet. He owes the club £7.5m per year over the next 8 years. We may see if the accounts are ever published but do not think his company set up to buy the stadium has paid a penny for it yet. 

• Thanks 1

Labelling all Thai people as ‘noble’ is the same as labelling all English people with having bad teeth 

It’s a stupid generalisation and nothing the chairman has done qualifies him for any title like that - in fact the complete opposite 

• Like 3

Thing I cant get over is that the reason for the stadium sale was to exploit a loophole in the FFP rules.

And Chansiri still ballsed that up and we had a point deduction anyway (that was the deciding factor in relegation) and we now don't own the stadium.

Turned us into Fred Karnos Circus!!!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would they be in touch with yourself though?

lol

TBF reading between the lines it seems we’re a million miles off a takeover 

If something was in place, the chairman would be carrying out due diligence (for example paying the players) so that there’s no discrepancies for when the new owner comes in. 

The fact that he’s missing payments across departments suggests he’s blown it, and we’re fooooked 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Mcguigan
3 minutes ago, maidstoneowl said:

if they walk out from deal then problems

if the deal is right then no walking 

so if club has no sponsor then all is problems and no new player

if young player go be cause money is not right then trouble for future

This is the worry

Maybe right, you are, hmmmmm.

Guest Mcguigan
2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

TBF reading between the lines it seems we’re a million miles off a takeover 

If something was in place, the chairman would be carrying out due diligence (for example paying the players) so that there’s no discrepancies for when the new owner comes in. 

The fact that he’s missing payments across departments suggests he’s blown it, and we’re fooooked 

Maybe a deal was very close and the new owners said they would start picking up the wage bill but it's now collapsed and DC can't get the payments through.

Guest Mcguigan

Bit strange how, in a reletively slow news week for football, there's nothing in the national press or BBC/Sky Sports about this player walkout.

Nothing from the agents, the players or the PFA.

That's not to say its not occurring but still, a bit odd.

Just now, Mcguigan said:

Bit strange how, in a reletively slow news week for football, there's nothing in the national press or BBC/Sky Sports about this player walkout.

Nothing from the agents, the players or the PFA.

That's not to say its not occurring but still, a bit odd.

Because I don’t think it’s happened yet. We must be in the ultimatum stage.