Potential player walkout

16 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

How does this affect their contracts?.

It seems to me that the Tail is wagging the dog.

Does this mean they are breaking their contract's, and even if they do resign who own's their registration?.

I am not a lawyer (I am actually) but I think we may have breached their contracts by not paying the wages and the remedy in the contract is probably that they can give notice on it.

3 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

If it was really straight forward for players to just walk out, there would be much more history of it when you think of all the clubs that have had major financial problems over the years. Clearly, there is the 'just cause' element of it, which doesn’t just amount to late payment equals walk out. There’s also the fact that most players would consider it as an absolute last resort. They worry about their own reputations with future potential employers and some of them will feel the bond towards football club and supporters, however laughable that might sound with the way most of ours performed last season. 

I suppose Bury are the best example. Their players and staff weren’t paid anything for months on end as I understand it. They continued to play and in fact got promotion. It was only when non payment continued into the summer, that Ryan Lowe, his staff and players started to opt out of their contracts - quite rightly in my view. 

So DC may be playing some sort of Russian roulette style of brinksmanship here, who knows? After his promise immediately after relegation, if he has any honour at all he owes the players, staff and supporters of this great football club, an early explanation as to what the hell is going on and how he intends to sort it out. Failing that, he needs to sell to someone who CAN run a football club of this (ever decreasing) stature and never darken our door again. 

Once you accept that Chansiri doesn't in fact have some kind of secret plan but is in fact actually just a thick, easily distracted rich kid with no clue how to run a business who was just in it to have a bunch of football fans (and his son) stroking his ego and telling him how amazing he is, all the things he does/has done start to make a lot more sense.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Yes, I would call him a fool (and worse) as:

1) That player could still sue (and win easily) for the wages not paid

2) That player could have a case to sue for the full term of the contract (ie, the length it still has to run)

3) That player could sue for effectively what amounts to constructive dismissal

4) Reputational damage to SWFC over all this and how this could impact the ability to sign-up key staff in the future

5) Potential for this to result in penalties to SWFC in the form of further points deductions/fines

These are all real and present if this path is followed.

Can't disagree with any of the above, but we are clearly flat broke in the short term. That does not mean there will never be funds in the long term. (I live in hope)

If DC walks and the insolvency lawyers come in you still have the same problems as above.

BTW. I believe we are not going to see last years accounts until after players walk, as SWFC are only a going concern if DC signs off the accounts to that effect. Its been that way for several years now if he says there is no more funding the massive liabilities at SWFC, its Game Over.

In football terms I am hoping for a 96th minute equaliser.

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Is it just me that wouldn't care if the majority of our remaining players walked.

Awful last season, nothing I saw convinces that it will be any different next. Let them go. Still haven't forgiven them.

giphy (1).gif

8 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Ok your right I’m wrong have a biscuit . We’re heading the same way as Bury and I hope/ believe that it doesn’t have to be that way. 

Cant disagree with anything you say (this time 😉)

Indeed “it doesn’t have to be that way “ - unfortunately those that can provide your solution don’t have that commitment/ interest / (wherewithal ?) & appear to be looking at (pursuing) a different conclusion- which may well be Bury-esque - what you can almost guarantee that the ultimate losers won’t be the owner(s) 

‘business’ (sic) acumen ((sic) Vs emotional/ nostalgic attachment 

-1 winner every time

thanks for the custard cream

6 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Is it just me that wouldn't care if the majority of our remaining players walked.

Awful last season, nothing I saw convinces that it will be any different next. Let them go. Still haven't forgiven them.

I bet you're one of those chancer apologists on Facebook groups who doesnt see that the very football club is ceasing to exist in front of our very eyes. Open your eyes ffs 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Would you go and work for someone whose last employees all walked out because they didn't get paid?

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

If we can't afford the current players wages, how would we manage to assemble an entirely new playing squad before the start of the season?

Who would even join us knowing the last lot didn't get paid and we were staring down there barrel of another points deduction for not fulfilling contacts?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

How does this affect their contracts?.

It seem's to me that the Tail is wagging the dog.

Does this nean they are breaking their contract's, and even if they do resign who own's their registraiton?.

If they Havnt been payed in three months maybe that means we are in breach by failing to honour the terms of the contract allowing them to make it nil and void and become free agents. 

In any other business if the contracted employer wasn't paying you for a lenght of time, you'd just walk and look for another job. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

image.png.9a70225618631027561531dabaa210c8.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

In any other business if the contracted employer wasn't paying you for a lenght of time, you'd just walk and look for another job. 

And, among other things, sue the business/employer for breach of contract, outstanding wages, constructive dismissal, loss of future earnings/rest of contract.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Would football change or would it just shrug and move on?

5 minute piece on football focus, a few clips of Chris Waddle, then Jermaine Jenas talking to Phil Foden about his favourite music for the remainder of the programme 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4