Potential player walkout

4 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Joe Crann has done a fantastic job in reporting this news here ....... Here’s the “But” ........

I have friends who live in Thailand (Pattaya Owls have over 100 members) who knew nothing of recent events other than via social media ........ Something like this would be BIG NEWS to the Bangkok Post on how a Thai National from a famous family has handled business at SWFC ......... They are rightly proud of the Thai achievements at Leicester and give them plenty of column inches, I’m sure if they knew of developments at SWFC it would be reported extensively!

The Star, or their owners must have contacts or know of a way to gain contact with the Thai media. Raising questions via the Thai media, where pride & integrity is everything, would be a sure fire way for the silence from DC to be broken!

I have a feeling that casting shame on Chansiri in his homeland would achieve far greater things than any protest we carry out. Good shout. 

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're right mate - my apologies
I missed out an important part of my post (have added it now)

'When Chansiri has gone (and we HOPEFULLY still actually have a club to support) people will be looking back asking what 'side' you were on at this point and after all the evidence and issues that have been presented, the football club's or the man who was chairman at the time'

obviously the CLUB comes first, it SHOULD have even when dc arrived with his promises.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I have a feeling that casting shame on Chansiri in his homeland would achieve far greater things than any protest we carry out. Good shout. 

Chansiri has shown no evidence of having anything approaching 'shame'.

1 hour ago, bazapeps said:

I’m not sure if that’s an attempt at humour but worryingly some fans will be thinking this type of thing, even if you are not personally.

So it’s probably worth clarifying that literally no good can come from players walking out on frees -

they will still be entitled to claim for any unpaid wages whilst under contract and they’d be successful in any court claim

we’d lose saleable assets for £0, again.

there would be PFA / EFL implications, points deductions etc

the club is tarnished again, no player or business will want to be associated with us

If the player gives 2 weeks notice and walks away,(as has been intimated) because of non/late payment of wages the contract would be 'null & void' from that point wouldnt it? with no further payments owed? the only way a contractual payment is due,surely is if they remain?

How could they say get another 'gig' but still claim wages ? they wouldnt be able to fulfill there part of the contract....

Some footballers i agree will maybe be put off from signing,but we are talking Div 3 here,and much lower wages offers.

Football greed being what it is,i still think we would attract players TBH especially as,all things being equal potential players would expect us to be at least challenging for the play offs,if not automatic promotion...

Guest Grandad
16 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Joe Crann has done a fantastic job in reporting this news here ....... Here’s the “But” ........

I have friends who live in Thailand (Pattaya Owls have over 100 members) who knew nothing of recent events other than via social media ........ Something like this would be BIG NEWS to the Bangkok Post on how a Thai National from a famous family has handled business at SWFC ......... They are rightly proud of the Thai achievements at Leicester and give them plenty of column inches, I’m sure if they knew of developments at SWFC it would be reported extensively!

The Star, or their owners must have contacts or know of a way to gain contact with the Thai media. Raising questions via the Thai media, where pride & integrity is everything, would be a sure fire way for the silence from DC to be broken!

*crosses Casbah off the list* 😳

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

The front loading of season ticket monies was my red flag 

Oh how they laughed 

Well your not laughing now FFS...

Fairly obvios one TBH...10 Year ST?? why on earth would you offer that if there was a realistic chance of promotion?..itsd like the man who has lost his shirt at roulette,chucking his porsche keys on the table,hoping with one last spin,he can  recoup his losses

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're right mate - my apologies
I missed out an important part of my post (have added it now)

'When Chansiri has gone (and we HOPEFULLY still actually have a club to support) people will be looking back asking what 'side' you were on at this point and after all the evidence and issues that have been presented, the football club's or the man who was chairman at the time'

DC maybe a crazy guy, but I'd rather be listening to the thoughts of DC next season, than Gerald Krasner... That said, my hope DC can pull this around is dwindling to zero by the day, but there is still hope. 

You can only conclude they need more players off the wage bill with the latest events. In fact its not really news to an SWFC fan, as you could have already presumed that the late payments since the start of the year were part of a strategy (Sorry for suggesting there is a plan) to move in contract players on.

We already know form earlier this year there was a rumour that it was players being paid above a certain level who were short on wages. Devils advocate Question: If Almen Abdi were still on the books, would you call DC a fool for putting him on furlough and presenting AA with the option to walk away from his contract? (Krasner will do the same thing eventually)

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Fairly obvios one TBH...10 Year ST?? why on earth would you offer that if there was a realistic chance of promotion?..itsd like the man who has lost his shirt at roulette,chucking his porsche keys on the table,hoping with one last spin,he can  recoup his losses

Posted on here at the time mate 

Glasgow Rangers MK 2...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Revenant said:

DC maybe a crazy guy, but I'd rather be listening to the thoughts of DC next season, than Gerald Krasner... That said, my hope DC can pull this around is dwindling to zero by the day, but there is still hope. 

You can only conclude they need more players off the wage bill with the latest events. In fact its not really news to an SWFC fan, as you could have already presumed that the late payments since the start of the year were part of a strategy (Sorry for suggesting there is a plan) to move in contract players on.

We already know form earlier this year there was a rumour that it was players being paid above a certain level who were short on wages. Devils advocate Question: If Almen Abdi were still on the books, would you call DC a fool for putting him on furlough and presenting AA with the option to walk away from his contract? (Krasner will do the same thing eventually)

A deliberate 'strategy' to make sure no football player will ever trust you or the contracts you offer ever again?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Did you support DC at any time then? 

I did when he first came,what was not to support? invested,brought in what we thought were quality players,it was towards the end of the CC time i started to look more closely,especially when we didnt sell on in my view,holding onto players and not refreshing the squad,letting players contracts run down,so theu could leave on a free,and so on....

Only real income we got was from LJ..

2 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Posted on here at the time mate 

Glasgow Rangers MK 2...

Yes i did similar,seen it before both at the micro level.(mates,business's) and as you say with other Footie examples....just shouted down....like the 'Well done Dejphon Chansiri thread' when he bought the ground...remember that? and those posting it was 'normal' business practice,and 'nothing to be concerned about'?.....those who objected or Q it, got short shrift on here,....NOD ARF,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Devils advocate Question: If Almen Abdi were still on the books, would you call DC a fool for putting him on furlough and presenting AA with the option to walk away from his contract? (Krasner will do the same thing eventually)

Yes, I would call him a fool (and worse) as:

1) That player could still sue (and win easily) for the wages not paid

2) That player could have a case to sue for the full term of the contract (ie, the length it still has to run)

3) That player could sue for effectively what amounts to constructive dismissal

4) Reputational damage to SWFC over all this and how this could impact the ability to sign-up key staff in the future

5) Potential for this to result in penalties to SWFC in the form of further points deductions/fines

These are all real and present if this path is followed.

Edited by Owl Be Back
  • Like 4

If it was really straight forward for players to just walk out, there would be much more history of it when you think of all the clubs that have had major financial problems over the years. Clearly, there is the 'just cause' element of it, which doesn’t just amount to late payment equals walk out. There’s also the fact that most players would consider it as an absolute last resort. They worry about their own reputations with future potential employers and some of them will feel the bond towards football club and supporters, however laughable that might sound with the way most of ours performed last season. 

I suppose Bury are the best example. Their players and staff weren’t paid anything for months on end as I understand it. They continued to play and in fact got promotion. It was only when non payment continued into the summer, that Ryan Lowe, his staff and players started to opt out of their contracts - quite rightly in my view. 

So DC may be playing some sort of Russian roulette style of brinksmanship here, who knows? After his promise immediately after relegation, if he has any honour at all he owes the players, staff and supporters of this great football club, an early explanation as to what the hell is going on and how he intends to sort it out. Failing that, he needs to sell to someone who CAN run a football club of this (ever decreasing) stature and never darken our door again.