Only 1.4% of fans want to see Chansiri continue running the club

Guest timrud
13 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

If there’s another rich guy out there wanting to have a go and make a better job of it, fantastic. But I foresee more pay issues sabotaging recruitment and performances on the pitch, and more shenanigans off it.

Fans turning on Chansiri won’t accomplish anything positive unless there’s a buyer. Toxic atmosphere at games. More pressure on players. Demands for him to sell if there’s no buyer could be more damaging. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

I never suggested anything of the sort. I see no point in locking horns. He’s a stubborn arrogant man running the club as he sees fit. My only hope is that his costly depreciating asset hits him hard enough in the pocket to make the penny drop and do things differently, because I can’t see him selling his play-thing at a loss and writing off fortunes.

Finally, somebody else who sees the situation in a rational manner.

Until there is a viable alternative you need to make the best of what we have.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He doesn't have a choice

The odds on him turning it around and getting promoted back to back to the Premier League before he runs out of cash must be a million to one

Depends. Sounds like he’s been funding the club from profit and cash flow of other businesses. His own wealth may still be intact. None of us truly know what he’s worth. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

Depends. Sounds like he’s been funding the club from profit and cash flow of other businesses. His own wealth may still be intact. None of us truly know what he’s worth. 

If his wealth is still intact that to me would make it way way worse that he's not been paying the players or refunding the fans

Especially when paying the players would 100% have meant the club he owns wouldn't have been relegated

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

If there’s another rich guy out there wanting to have a go and make a better job of it, fantastic. But I foresee more pay issues sabotaging recruitment and performances on the pitch, and more shenanigans off it.

Fans turning on Chansiri won’t accomplish anything positive unless there’s a buyer. Toxic atmosphere at games. More pressure on players. Demands for him to sell if there’s no buyer could be more damaging. 

CaReFuL wOt U wIsH 4 

The fact is, the next move has to come fro Chansiri, we, the fans have at every juncture turned up in numbers, at games, at fans forums, buying season tickets, late merchandise, iFollow, waiting on refunds.... the list goes on. This is about more than how the players will feel with a toxic atmosphere at games, this is about Chansiri giving back to the fans in the way of changing his absolute shïtty behaviour. 

There will be a buyer out there too, there always is at the right price, look at Sunderland with their new billionaire owner, for them to get that they had to straighten out the issues around the running of the club. 

All this 'stop moaning at Chansiri' guff with no other sensible solution is tedious. 

What do you think the solution is?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 0742 said:

CaReFuL wOt U wIsH 4 

The fact is, the next move has to come fro Chansiri, we, the fans have at every juncture turned up in numbers, at games, at fans forums, buying season tickets, late merchandise, iFollow, waiting on refunds.... the list goes on. This is about more than how the players will feel with a toxic atmosphere at games, this is about Chansiri giving back to the fans in the way of changing his absolute shïtty behaviour. 

There will be a buyer out there too, there always is at the right price, look at Sunderland with their new billionaire owner, for them to get that they had to straighten out the issues around the running of the club. 

All this 'stop moaning at Chansiri' guff with no other sensible solution is tedious. 

BANG ON THE MONEY

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Actually these figures are better for DC than those of Dom

68% want him to hire a CEO. 

So 68% of respondents would be happy for him to carry on if he did this.

Plus the 1.4% of deluded fools who think he's already doing a grand job.

Not so damning after all

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If his wealth is still intact that to me would make it way way worse that he's not been paying the players or refunding the fans

Especially when paying the players would 100% have meant the club he owns wouldn't have been relegated

His money isn’t Sheffield Wednesday’s money. Wages & ticket refunds must be paid by the club. The rules do limit what Chansiri can pump in. Maybe we’re at that limit. I don’t know - do you?

Guest timrud
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

= 'BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR' fearmongering post

The hillarious begging for Alonso went well, didn't it

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, 0742 said:

CaReFuL wOt U wIsH 4 

I think the obvious thing is to see how he responds to relegation. The next 3 months are defining. We can’t rebuild the squad without a competitive budget. Let’s see what he does.

PS. The moaning at Chansiri is no sensible solution. That’s my point. It will achieve fućk all. That’s tedious.

- and no I’m not defending him. He’s a calamity. We’ve had enough negativity at this club in our lifetime. 

I'm struggling to believe that any Wednesday fan would want Chansiri to carry on running the club as he currently is.

If he were to bring in someone with a proven reputation to run the show while he takes a (very distant) back seat, then fair enough. There are no signs of that happening any time soon, though.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

I think the obvious thing is to see how he responds to relegation. The next 3 months are defining. We can’t rebuild the squad without a competitive budget. Let’s see what he does.

PS. The moaning at Chansiri is no sensible solution. That’s my point. It will achieve fućk all. That’s tedious.

- and no I’m not defending him. He’s a calamity. We’ve had enough negativity at this club in our lifetime. 

Rather than wait, which is all we've done during his tenure, now we should be piling the pressure on, so he knows exactly what is expected of him by the fans. 

That means he needs to know fans are not happy with him and are demanding a change, not waiting around to see what his mental musings are over the next 3 months. 

You don't get what you deserve, you get what you tolerate. And we've tolerated enough horse shït now. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s too late for the latter.. get some people in to run it costs money, and he’s still need to fund the losses until the point at which we can get promoted to the PL, if ever.

Everything points towards the money having run out. Will end up with another winding up order unless he just sells for whatever he can get 

Those are my thoughts too. I think it's almost inevitable that HMRC will be involved before the end of this financial year, likely before Christmas, as from what we know of Ch*nsiri his arrogant/childish nature won't allow him to walk away with a loss; sincerely believe he'd rather the club fold and then he can blame others in such circumstances.

3 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Rather than wait, which is all we've done during his tenure, now we should be piling the pressure on, so he knows exactly what is expected of him by the fans. 

That means he needs to know fans are not happy with him and are demanding a change, not waiting around to see what his mental musings are over the next 3 months. 

You don't get what you deserve, you get what you tolerate. And we've tolerated enough horse shït now. 

What has led you to believe that this incompetent fool of an owner gives one single f@@k if the fans are happy with him or not ?.

• Like 2