Well done Brenford

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Really pleased for them. Certainly wouldn’t class them as my “second” team, but I’ve developed a soft spot for them. I like the way they’ve progressed as a club, and also the way they play. Hope they make a real go of it in the PL next year!

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm getting flashbacks to all the people I've seen post on here, in response to me commenting about how Brentford are an ideal model to follow, that it doesn't do them any good as they're still in the same league as us. As if consistently finishing well above where you "should" do because of your size and building on solid foundations was a bad thing. 

Well now they're two leagues above us. It's really hard not to be a bit bitter.

Because not everybody can be Brentford. Their model is buy low, sell high, repeat.. and hope for incremental improvements year on year.

If everyone did it then it would get competed away. The bigger issue is that there’s no level playing field on revenues

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm getting flashbacks to all the people I've seen post on here, in response to me commenting about how Brentford are an ideal model to follow, that it doesn't do them any good as they're still in the same league as us. As if consistently finishing well above where you "should" do because of your size and building on solid foundations was a bad thing. 

Well now they're two leagues above us. It's really hard not to be a bit bitter.

Just shows you what little some of our supporters know about football and developing a business and culture in order to achieve success. Mind you, we have an owner that doesn't have a scooby either - he's just rich because of a fluke of birth.

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby

Fan owned and managed too.

Done while also spending £100 million on new stadium.

£20 million annual  profit recently.

All fans refunded.

It can be done.

Guest Andy W
3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

All fans refunded.

It can be done.

Sold their two best players, Watkins and Behiarma last summer for a fortune, making massive profits on both of them, then unearthed another gem in Toney. 

That's no way to run a football club. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Andy W
4 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

All fans refunded.

It can be done.

Well done Brentford...shows it can be done. But we are a trillion miles from their business model/ownership etc etc, different planet. So yes it can be done...but not by our shiiteshower it can't

Guest wilyfox

Pleased for them. Hoped they’d win. Been knocking on the door a few years. Good team. Recruit well. New stadium. They deserve a crack at it. 

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Because not everybody can be Brentford. Their model is buy low, sell high, repeat.. and hope for incremental improvements year on year.

If everyone did it then it would get competed away. The bigger issue is that there’s no level playing field on revenues

FFP rules are crap, but they're the rules..... the bigger issue is our owner doesn't stick to the rules and got us relegated. 

Meanwhile Brentford stuck to the rules, had a clear strategy, stuck to it, and got promoted. 

• Like 5

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Sold their two best players, Watkins and Behiarma last summer for a fortune, making massive profits on both of them, then unearthed another gem in Toney. 

That's no way to run a football club. 

Ok so if all 24 championship clubs do this what happens.. they can’t all sell two players for £50m every season. There’s no market to sell them in to.

Brentford have benefitted by being better run than the competition. But if suddenly all the competition applied the same principles, then it doesn’t work any more