Good: Puts his body on the line, gives 110% every match, leads by example, loyal servant.

Bad: No pace, not very mobile, poor on the ball, sh1tz himself if the team are asked to play it out from the back.

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

He'll head it away and kick it away all afternoon.

Big heart but zero ball skills.

This.

He’ll be your best defender. But if you want him starting your next attack you’ll pull your hair out. Good managers will use his strength and avoid his weakness. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

This.

He’ll be your best defender. But if you want him starting your next attack you’ll pull your hair out. Good managers will use his strength and avoid his weakness. 

Yes he's a pure defender.

He also had a spell of being handy at attacking set pieces.

He'll be good value on a free in the right system.

• Like 3

I’m old fashioned.....like my defenders to well ..defend ! Should never have been asked to be a maldini just give it Bannan or try percentage ball ? With no target man at all this season made it even harder for us imo put us under pressure all the time ? Good solid defender at this level if just does wot he should 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Bit harsh

Perhaps it is based on his last two dozen appearances for us yeah fair enough... but his performances in the 50 before that left a lot to be desired, and I'm not forgetting that. He was really good when Loovens was alongside him, but taking the whole of his performances since then I'd say he's a bog-standard mid-table Championship defender. He can definitely be more than that and excellent on his day, but the environment needs to be right... and he seems incapable of reaching that level by reaching from within.

Of course, all that aside, he's definitely a step up from anyone we will face in the league next season, I'm just trying to be as objective as I can be. Still think he was a great servant for us overall!

One of those players that Wednesday fans won’t realise how good and reliable he was until he isn’t playing for Wednesday week in week out 

very rarely dropped below a 6 out of 10 week in week out. In a very poor season he was arguably player of the season in a lot of supporters eyes

I agree with others who say he isn’t blessed with pace and isn’t great with the ball at his feet but he’s still a solid championship centre half

• Like 2

As a free transfer and used the right way would be a good signing for most mid table Championship clubs. Pearson is the right kind of manager for him. Like many players at this level, put the right type of player next to him and play him in the right system and he will do well. Ask him to do things beyond his core skill level and he’ll fail abysmally. Square peg. Just find him a square hole. 

• Like 1