Play off final

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

The thing that really got me, and the frequent comeback whenever you praised Brentford on here over the last couple of years, was that it clearly wasn't doing them that mant favours as they were still in the same league as us. 

It's like positive momentum and consistently good performance levels (over a period of years rather than weeks) were meaningless.

AND THIS

Who would've thought that way back in '04 when we had just beat Brentford away ( I was there in the rain) in the second leg to reach the play off final that Brentford would reach the PL before us ! 

Absolutely scandalous that Wednesday, such a big club and history have been so so shìt these past 21 years.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fair play to Brentford.

Superbly well ran football club. It was only a matter of time. 

Remember when our chairman said they had no ambition? 

Football is not a normal business. 

• Haha 2

Well done Brentford.  Thoroughly deserved.  A well run club who continue to develop players and stay within  their means.  An excellent template to follow Mr Chansiri, if you're prepared to watch, listen and learn!

2 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Who would've thought that way back in '04 when we had just beat Brentford away ( I was there in the rain) in the second leg to reach the play off final that Brentford would reach the PL before us ! 

Absolutely scandalous that Wednesday, such a big club and history have been so so shìt these past 21 years.

I was there too that night but it was 2005 mate!

That's football, yes we should expect to have reached the PL before Brentford since that night but we have no divine right. Since then Leeds United and Leicester have had spells in the 3rd division, Leeds have only just managed to get it right, Leicester won the PL within 8 years of being in League One. 

Bolton played in the UEFA cup in 2008, by 2020 they were in the 4th division.