The thing I can’t understand

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

So reports of the players not being paid are not entirely true.  I suppose that would explain it.  If it was me, I wouldn’t take the chance it might be me next and be off like a shot.

The estimate is that there'll be 200+ pro footballers looking for a club just now.

• Like 1

Perhaps a bit of loyalty to the club.

Agrees to sign a new contract so the club can sell him for a reasonable fee rather than lose

him for f*ck all.:wacko:

Edited by oldtawnyowl
  • Like 1

What I can’t understand is if we are that short of cash flow to pay players why not get season tickets, new shirts, corporate and sponsorship packages, Danny Wilson Toby jugs etc all on sale and available ASAP to bring money in? Also encourage us to spend with competitive pricing. If the owner came out and told us how bad it is and that he actually needs our money to help (going back on what he has said previously about fans money!) then fans would get on board and support the club. 

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Perhaps a bit of loyalty to the club.

Agrees to sign a new contract so the club can sell him for a reasonable fee rather than lose

him for f*ck all.:wacko:

Stop it

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Perhaps he has signed a new deal as a bit of loyalty, knowing he will be sold in the summer but will mean the club gets a fee for him rather than walking away for nothing. 

You stop it n all...lHES NOT GOING ANYWHERE...this topic as been done to death..talk abaht summat else ffs

Think Bannan is a rare case of some loyalty in football.

Wednesday is the place where he's found a home, he's matured as a person and player. Met his partner, had a child, just proposed to said partner. Don't underestimate all that as a big factor.

To go back to football, he's said himself about how much hearing the fans sing his name means to him and it's probably the first place he's had that consistently. When you feel valued you probably feel like you owe those valuing you something. Be it his services for next season or guaranteeing we get some kind of fee if we do sell him.

I still think that will end up happening.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sham67 said:

If everything about the club is a a bag of shizzle.  Why on earth has Barry Bannan signed a new contract?

Cos he’ll be the new manager in a year or 2. I bet DC promised it to him 

8 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Perhaps he has signed a new deal as a bit of loyalty, knowing he will be sold in the summer but will mean the club gets a fee for him rather than walking away for nothing. 

This is the answer - he’ll have a release clause

9 hours ago, Sham67 said:

I can see that as a reason for the club offering him a new contract.  I’m just baffled as to why with things being as bad as they are painted he would chose to sign a contract that’s never going to be honoured.

If he's under contract we can sell him for a decent fee.

350k anyone?