SUPPORTER SEASON TICKET UPDATE

The Owls can update supporters on the current situation regarding 2019/20 Season Ticket rebates, together with some important information ahead of 2021/22.

2019/20
As previously communicated, the process for those who selected Option 8 for a cash refund has taken significantly longer than anticipated.

The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted on every area of the club, with revenue streams decimated over the past 14 months, alongside an integration to a new ticketing system that means all refunds are being actioned manually and individually.

Cashflow has been affected dramatically since March 2020 and all we can ask is for your continued patience through these most challenging of times.

Refunds are being issued in chronological order when respective applications were made and although we did aim to conclude the process by this point, this unfortunately has not been possible. We apologise sincerely but can reassure all supporters who applied that refunds will be honoured as promised, at the earliest opportunity.

Alternatively, and following a productive Supporters Engagement Panel meeting on Thursday evening, a suggestion was put forward to offer fans awaiting a refund the option to redeem against a ticket or retail equivalent credit. We are pleased to confirm this option will be available, which would be of enormous benefit to the club’s current cashflow situation.

For supporters wishing to select this option, please email: ticketenquiries@swfc.co.uk with your name, Season Ticket ID number and preference of ticketing credit or retail credit. Relevant accounts will then be adjusted next week.

2020/21 Season Ticket holders
Like all clubs, we had hoped to welcome supporters back last October but, of course, it transpired that the whole of the 2020/21 season was played out behind closed doors.

Many Season Ticket holders purchased iFollow passes for home games and select evening away fixtures, with the £10 cost deducted from the final credit at the end of the campaign.

For example, if you paid £455 for a Season Ticket and purchased nine iFollow passes (9 x £10 = £90) your account will be credited with £365 (£455-£90).

If you paid £555 for a Season Ticket but opted for zero iFollow passes, your account will be credited with the full £555.

2021/22 Season Tickets
The return of fans and relative stadium capacities remains unclear and we await Government guidance to that end. Consequently, when on sale, the first phase of Season Ticket sales for 2021/22 will be open to supporters who purchased a 2020/21 Season Ticket only due to current restrictions. Any further sale windows will be announced depending on availability.

Multi-Year Season Tickets will be honoured as normal and processed by the Ticket Office, with any refunds for missed matches offered as a credit in line with the above.

We will announce the new pricing strategy and sale dates in due course and once again thank you all for your patience, support and understanding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The Owls can update supporters on the current situation regarding 2019/20 Season Ticket rebates, together with some important information ahead of 2021/22.

2019/20
As previously communicated, the process for those who selected Option 8 for a cash refund has taken significantly longer than anticipated.

The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted on every area of the club, with revenue streams decimated over the past 14 months, alongside an integration to a new ticketing system that means all refunds are being actioned manually and individually.

Cashflow has been affected dramatically since March 2020 and all we can ask is for your continued patience through these most challenging of times.

Refunds are being issued in chronological order when respective applications were made and although we did aim to conclude the process by this point, this unfortunately has not been possible. We apologise sincerely but can reassure all supporters who applied that refunds will be honoured as promised, at the earliest opportunity.

Alternatively, and following a productive Supporters Engagement Panel meeting on Thursday evening, a suggestion was put forward to offer fans awaiting a refund the option to redeem against a ticket or retail equivalent credit. We are pleased to confirm this option will be available, which would be of enormous benefit to the club’s current cashflow situation.

For supporters wishing to select this option, please email: ticketenquiries@swfc.co.uk with your name, Season Ticket ID number and preference of ticketing credit or retail credit. Relevant accounts will then be adjusted next week.

2020/21 Season Ticket holders
Like all clubs, we had hoped to welcome supporters back last October but, of course, it transpired that the whole of the 2020/21 season was played out behind closed doors.

Many Season Ticket holders purchased iFollow passes for home games and select evening away fixtures, with the £10 cost deducted from the final credit at the end of the campaign.

For example, if you paid £455 for a Season Ticket and purchased nine iFollow passes (9 x £10 = £90) your account will be credited with £365 (£455-£90).

If you paid £555 for a Season Ticket but opted for zero iFollow passes, your account will be credited with the full £555.

2021/22 Season Tickets
The return of fans and relative stadium capacities remains unclear and we await Government guidance to that end. Consequently, when on sale, the first phase of Season Ticket sales for 2021/22 will be open to supporters who purchased a 2020/21 Season Ticket only due to current restrictions. Any further sale windows will be announced depending on availability.

Multi-Year Season Tickets will be honoured as normal and processed by the Ticket Office, with any refunds for missed matches offered as a credit in line with the above.

We will announce the new pricing strategy and sale dates in due course and once again thank you all for your patience, support and understanding.

Read that as the official confirmation from the club, that what we already knew that SWFC and DC are skint.....

My hopes for next season just hit rock bottom.

• Like 9

In reality the club have withheld my refund anyway and because i haven't sued them for the money i am de facto helping with the cash flow.

And if i decide to go next year I'm hardly likely to buy another ticket while I'm owed over 600 quid.

If they want to formalise that arrangement i dont see the harm.

• Like 3

Just now, Thai_Owl said:

Read that as the official confirmation from the club, that what we already knew that SWFC and DC are skint.....

iT is THE OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION FROM THE CLUB

• Haha 1

Still waiting for the initial refuns that I asked for. Having waited a year for it the money would be a bonus really, nothing more. With that in mind I might opt for store credit. Little un always wants the new shirt etc and it helps the club out. 

Or I could demand the refund still and stick it to DC. Which hurts the club I love. Its a quandary innit? Think I'll let the Mrs decide, that way I'll not get it wrong. 

Posted (edited)

So if you watched all the ifollow games you owe the club a fiver?

Edited by modboy

So

checking my purchase information tells me I’ve attempted 5 match passes of which 4 are saying “failed” 

so my £555 season ticket is now worth £545

lets say the league 1 price is £345 I now have a 21/22 season ticket and £200 credit. 

is this correct. 

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

So

checking my purchase information tells me I’ve attempted 5 match passes of which 4 are saying “failed” 

lets say the league 1 price is £345 I now have a 21/22 season ticket and £200 credit. 

is this correct. 

Thats the way I read it

Just now, ANDY said:

So

is this correct. 

I'd say so. I didn't watch any Ifollow games so in a similar situation to you. 

I’m losing track of what I’ve paid for, in which season and what the position is. 

Do season tickets bought for the season just finished effectively carry over, and you get a credit on your account if as expected prices are lower. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good that there's an update

Poor that it took a fans engagement meeting to prompt it

Can't wait for this mess to be behind us so we can crack on as a club

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

32 minutes ago, Thai_Owl said:

Got to think they'll be host of clubs in a similar situation.

Problem is we've just lost 8 millions quid worth of income to really compound things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

No 21/22 season which starts in August 

no. 22/23 season. 

my 20/21 season ticket is paying for 21/22. The remaining balance when adjusted should be credited to the following season. 

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby

Wasn't the last club update all refunds done by end of this month?

36 minutes ago, Thai_Owl said:

distinguish between DC and SWFC. What’s DC’s is not Sheffield Wednesday’s.