Tony Strudwick - Leaving

17 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Well we need to get our act together and get a replacement in fast. There’s more games next season including the pizza trophy so will be more demanding of the players, more injuries on the cards potentially. 

Exactly we need a fitness and conditioning bloke sharpish - our fitness record over the past 5 years has been woeful

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Agree with this,  our fitness was hardly impressive compared to other teams. In fact I’d say from what I saw other teams were fitter with more energy in second halves than us.  Personally I wouldn’t be sad if all the back room staff moved on

......and the front room staff and the chairman.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Can’t really blame him, he probably wants to go somewhere where he knows his employers will live up to their pay commitments.

I’ve not seen any reports that non playing staff haven’t been paid.  In fact haven’t we made up the difference for furloughed staff.

• Like 1

We brought one of the most highly regarded sports scientists in and expected him to work miracles with barely any investment in resources.

Our sports science set up is light years behind even our local rivals.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Stayed longer than I thought he would. 

Another role to recruit for. 

Maybe there’s some young inexperienced and unsuitably qualified person kicking around Hillsborough that could do the job. 

How about booking an hours training session for everyone at the gym over the road. 1 PT for the squad. 

Guest hirstysfags
3 hours ago, Grandad said:

Will they pay him at Arsenal?

Are all our players up to date...pay wise?

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

I’ve not seen any reports that non playing staff haven’t been paid.  In fact haven’t we made up the difference for furloughed staff.

That's not true. @Big Malc posted a few months ago about non playing staff not being paid. I think he personally knows someone who works at the club on the non playing staff. 

1 hour ago, scram said:

The head sports science role for a club like Wednesday should always be a step up from ANY academy

Yep it should be. 

But i bet he has one eye on if he does a good job at the academy level at Arsenal maybe an opportunity to step up to the senior team may present itself if and when that person leaves too

• Like 1