Frejus/Cannes

On 26/05/2021 at 14:27, Dronfield Blue said:

Anyone been to this area of France?

A friend has just bought an apartment in Frejus and has offered me mate's rates any time I want to go (not yet obviously)

Frejus looks nice and Cannes and Nice are within easy reach.

Has anyone holidayed there?

Frejus is where there’s a road tunnel through the mountains to Italy. Not done it but I’ve done Mont Blanc a few times. Beautiful area. 

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Frejus is where there’s a road tunnel through the mountains to Italy. Not done it but I’ve done Mont Blanc a few times. Beautiful area. 

Ignore that. Just realised the tunnel is further north. You’re also not far from the F1 circuit Paul Ricard 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, flo said:

Antibes is great 

one of my favourite places

Yes. Went back to Nice and Cannes 2 years ago, hadn't been there for over 40 years. Really enjoyed it, I must have been permanently pished when i was there in younger times because I couldn't remember it being so nice ( scuse the pun)

4 hours ago, Señor Sam said:

Yes. Went back to Nice and Cannes 2 years ago, hadn't been there for over 40 years. Really enjoyed it, I must have been permanently pished when i was there in younger times because I couldn't remember it being so nice ( scuse the pun)

Nice is where I want to live. 

11 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Must have a look at that, only 20 miles from where I'll be staying.

I literally don't have much memory of it I just remember really liking the place and having an amazing sandwich

Been to Cannes a couple of times. Stayed for a week first time and was just there for a day from a cruise the second.

Its very nice but expensive if you want to eat and drink in the restaurants right on the beach front. There is only a quite small public beach, the rest of the beach is owned by hotels and restaurants. Interestingly if you hire a sunbed on the beach you pay more the nearer you are to the sea.

I remember seeing a woman with a small dog that was dressed like Sherlock Holmes complete with Deerstalker and cape.

Plenty of good reasonably priced places a short walk from the seafront.

Really good train service that runs up and down the coast, we used it to go to Monaco which is well worth a visit.

Also, Toulon, about 70 mins away. The funicular is a joy not to be missed. You get an amazing view of the city and harbor, home of the French navy, so if big ships float your boat (sorry), it’s amazing.

Nearby is Hyeres, where you’ll find (I promise) a great tortoise village. We loved it.