Jamie Vardy The Movie!

"Butchart has shortlisted actors like Zac Effron and Robert Pattinson are the primary choices for the lead role. One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson is also being considered as a third option to be the protagonist"

Such a shame that Wilfrid Brambell isn't still alive. Even at 109 years old he'd make a more convincing Jamie Vardy than any of those. 

• Haha 6

I’d definitely watch it. 

I always wonder why, considering the talent he has, why he was even playing at the level of us/SPS.... is it more that the scouts looking at him failed or was he not the same beast he is now. 

I think we all know also that living through Vardy is the best it gets sadly for a Wednesday fan. 

On 27/05/2021 at 12:47, alanharper said:

"Butchart has shortlisted actors like Zac Effron and Robert Pattinson are the primary choices for the lead role. One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson is also being considered as a third option to be the protagonist"

Such a shame that Wilfrid Brambell isn't still alive. Even at 109 years old he'd make a more convincing Jamie Vardy than any of those. 

Hahaha.

'If Efron's not on board, I don't know, the guy from One Direction will do.  He likes soccerball, right?'

Edited by owlinexile

37 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

They’ll perpetuate the ‘was released by his boyhood club for being too small’ line when in reality there were many other issues.

And I say that as a big Vardy fan.

Saw an interview about him on football focus a couple of year's ago (?) Even Vardy admits his head wasn't in the right place when he was with us and he nearly threw his career away. It would be good if they did include that and not "sanitise" it.

Edited by darra
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, darra said:

Saw an interview about him on football focus a couple of year's ago (?) Even Vardy admits his head wasn't in the right place when he was with us and he nearly threw his career away. It would be good if they did include that and not "sanitise" it.

I’m far from a Hollywood scriptwriter, but I think the truth is a better, more inspirational story.

• Like 3