Euro 2021

That was horrific and incredible in equal measures. Watched it up at the 3 merry lads with the family, wasn't sure about  going cos I know what I'm like for big games, proper nervy and go a bit crazy. Was immense when we scored though and proper at the end. Loads of hammered Wednesday fans loving life basically. Was weird to be sober. 

As for the game, we could have scored more, ref was shocking for us, should have had a pen via Kane, was def a penalty that was given and every single player was immense. Special praise though for Sterling. The energy he showed was peerless. He ran half the length of the pitch at full speed on 118 minutes. Absolute hero and MOM for me. 

Can't quite believe we're in a major final. I looked up to the heavens at the final whistle and had a word with my dad, got choked up and shed a tear or 2 before all the emotion came out in some sort of guttaral scream about it coming home. What a match. 

Imagine if you didn't like football? 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I’m glad that’s over. Sterling, Walker, Kane, Maguire… wow. Awesome performances. All a bit surreal really isn’t it. Fùcking hell. England in a final. 

I’m drunk and Mrs Beswetherick is mad at me for waking her up to repeatedly tell her that football’s coming home. Bring on Sunday 

lol 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skyline said:

The whole country is on melt down. Work places tomorrow are going to take a big hit. Even worse Monday, win or lose. 

I'm just gutted I can't celebrate properly. Missus just out of hospital today following further cancer treatment so I'm on nurse duties for the foreseeable! At least I'll remember it, if I could go out I'd not remember much 😂

Similar mate.  The wife has her third round of chemo next week so we’ve come to Cornwall for a week’s break.  Watching in the caravan, she went absolutely mental at full time and fair play to her she’s kept up the “It’s coming home” all through the 120 even when my faith was wavering.  Hope all goes well at your end.

• Like 1
  • Love 7