Euro 2021

11 minutes ago, markg said:

Rio Ferdinand does my head in 

I've never forgiven him and Lampard since they revealed they'd never speak to each other on England duty when they were at Manchester United and Chelsea, despite the fact they'd essentially grown up together in the West Ham academy. No wonder that enormously talented generation failed at all those tournaments.

Now he gets paid to talk about England. Flap.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I've never forgiven him and Lampard since they revealed they'd never speak to each other on England duty when they were at Manchester United and Chelsea, despite the fact they'd essentially grown up together in the West Ham academy. No wonder that enormously talented generation failed at all those tournaments.

yep absolutely pathetic that they had these feuds 

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Good point well made😬

he said Italy have made people stand up and sit down. 😬😬

Well, I think we’ve just seen potential winners in Italy. Very cohesive, great pressing intensity which we don’t normally associate with Italian sides. Most impressive was the ability to maintain everything about their game plan until the final whistle. Yes, Turkey were disappointing but make no mistake Italy look like a contender.

Edited by Morepork

42 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I think he’s great. Football eh, game of options. lol

And opinions…. My eyesight clearly negates any opinions I express because I can see F@ck all. 😂

Edited by Morepork

7 minutes ago, Night King said:

Wales Switzerland this afternoon got all the hallmarks of a nil niller. 

Possibly, but then I thought last night would be a cagey draw..... I can't decide whether to have a day in watching the togga or a day ont lash..... Decisions decisions 

7 hours ago, Morepork said:

Well, I think we’ve just seen potential winners in Italy. Very cohesive, great pressing intensity which we don’t normally associate with Italian sides. Most impressive was the ability to maintain everything about their game plan until the final whistle. Yes, Turkey were disappointing but make no mistake Italy look like a contender.

Trouble with a high pressing game is doing it 7 times in a month to that standard, especially on the back of this season of all seasons is very very hard. 

Agree though that itsly 2nd half were were good and Turkey seemed to be a pub team 2nd half 

• Like 1

Flashes of something from Turkey,  some good close control in midfield,  and channel running by Yilmaz, but overall my 'dark horse for the final' prediction isn't looking great. 

Italy looked fitter and more cohesive, they can really attack with purpose.

They have two of their best players to come back as well.

10 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Unfortunately, that's just how that generation was.

Gerrard said he did similar. Basically, we had an England dressing room split into cliques of the top clubs.

This current generation do seem different though. Seem much more pally with one another. Perhaps lacks the big personalities of some previous generations, but that might not be a bad thing.