Breaking News - England squad announcement

I never used to miss an England game but haven't watched a qualifier (most of the opposition are so weak its a non event) or a tedious friendly for years, I do make a point of watching them in tournaments though so am well accustomed to crushing disappointment but even the finals themselves have been diluted by too many teams and a lot playing not to lose rather than going for the win creating sterile games.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I must be getting old or something as I have not heard of about 50% of them and doubt I could name who most of the others play for.

That’s probably because none of em play in League 1 🤣🤣

Guest hirstysfags
On 25/05/2021 at 13:23, Rogers said:

What is it with the increase in double barrelled surnames

unmarried parents

On 25/05/2021 at 13:39, Adem Poric said:

With Pope injured it looks like he's done a toss up between Ramsdale and Alex McCarthy and decided Rammers is ever so slightly less wank.

I really hope Henderson is as good as it's been claimed because the cupboard is bare for English keepers right now.

Great point, at one time goalkeeping was an area we lead the world, you could have taken any 10 from Division 1 and would have been good enough for to play for England.

Think its the fashion now for gks to be good with their feet rather than their hands.

On 25/05/2021 at 13:19, matthefish2002 said:

Think they are 2 very good reasons Van Aken is not in the England squad.

1. He is crap

2. He isn't English.

Bet your fun at parties... 

I'll have you know his brothers mothers aunt who told Jimmy from down the pub that Ian once heard him cry during a performance of Elgar. So he must be English. 

And for crap... He's the best YouTube defender available. So that answers that me thinks.