Breaking News - England squad announcement

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He’s picked defenders on that list. Does this mean that he may be looking at taking 10 defenders and a clear sign that he may be looking at going with a back 5?

I hope not. We need to be going with a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. We need 4 attacking players on that pitch given the quality we have at our disposal. 

I think it will be ridiculous if we go 3-4-3.

Go 2-1-7

2 hours ago, shandypants said:

Grealish listed as a forward and Mount as a midfielder - is this a ploy for Southgate to continue ignoring Grealish? 

To be honest I think for England mount in midfield and grealish as a wide forward is right 

Mings isn’t good for this level. 

England have got lots of 7/10’s. They lack a couple more of the quality of Kane. Mount, Bellingham and Foden will come through and I think we’ve got a really good shout at the next World Cup. We need to find a top class centre half somehow. 

13 hours ago, mirodo said:

Leone Sextus Denys Oswolf Fraudatifilius Tollemache-Tollemache de Orellana Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemache was a captain in the British Army who died during the First World War.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leone_Sextus_Tollemache

The Tollemache family wear their inbreeding like a badge of honour I see.

Since '66 am I right in thinking we've only had one England tournament squad that has included Wednesday players? (Woods and Palmer at Euro 92).

Hinchcliffe made it as far as La Manga in France '98 and Carson played for us on loan before Germany '06, but don't think either of them count.

19 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I must be getting old or something as I have not heard of about 50% of them and doubt I could name who most of the others play for.

There was a time that during a season you’d have probably have seen most of them play at Hillsborough as well.

20 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I must be getting old or something as I have not heard of about 50% of them and doubt I could name who most of the others play for.

Same here.

Maybe it's because we haven't played in the top division for 21 years.  I've only seen two Prem games in all that time. 

Sheff U v West Ham and Hull v Burnley.   I've not heard of most of the squad.  Seems to be a few with Blades connections though.  

19 hours ago, mirodo said:

Leone Sextus Denys Oswolf Fraudatifilius Tollemache-Tollemache de Orellana Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemache was a captain in the British Army who died during the First World War.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leone_Sextus_Tollemache

Thought you'd found some deleted lyrics from Bohemian Rhapsody. 

• Haha 1