Nuno leaving Wolves

This feels very much like the charlton/curbishley moment

How much do wolves really think they can improve?

This is where we're at in football

Despite the histrionics and nappy filling about the ESL...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, scram said:

This feels very much like the charlton/curbishley moment

How much do wolves really think they can improve?

This is where we're at in football

Despite the histrionics and nappy filling about the ESL...

Totally agree here, so many entitled fans around.

This week alone I’ve heard Leeds fans stating Champions League football after next season, West Ham fans disappointed that they failed to qualify for it.

Madness  

Guest T Hardy

Overrated manager for me. Won the Championship with one of the highest spends ever, I believe they’re in the top 10 for fees spent in the Premier League currently so you’d expect them to be a top 10 side (they finished 13th this season).

Nothing against him but I think the idea that he’s done a remarkable job is a bit off. He was chosen to be the puppet there for the Portuguese project and given a fortune to spend, I’m sure the next Portuguese manager there given the same tools will do just as well.

24 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Overrated manager for me. Won the Championship with one of the highest spends ever, I believe they’re in the top 10 for fees spent in the Premier League currently so you’d expect them to be a top 10 side (they finished 13th this season).

Nothing against him but I think the idea that he’s done a remarkable job is a bit off. He was chosen to be the puppet there for the Portuguese project and given a fortune to spend, I’m sure the next Portuguese manager there given the same tools will do just as well.

I partly agree with this, however it is very easy to spend badly and ******** the whole thing up (see our own glorious failure as evidence!).  They have some very valuable footballers in the squad i.e. the squad worth is probably more than they paid for it.  

Wolves have been very solid in the Prem since promotion.  That isn't easy.

Has he earned a shot at one of the 'big' jobs?  I'm not so sure, but with Kane / Bale/ others leaving Spurs I'm not sure Spurs will be one of the big jobs for next couple of years.  They are in that same place that Arsenal were after they built the Emirates i.e. restricted budgets and a squad that will get progressively weaker.

Interesting that Bruno Lage (Carlos Assistant Manager) is now odds-on favourite to become new Wolves boss. Former Benfica manager Bruno Lage has been installed as the clear early favourite to replace the departing Nuno Espirito Santo.

On 24/05/2021 at 09:38, S25OWL said:

Interesting that Bruno Lage (Carlos Assistant Manager) is now odds-on favourite to become new Wolves boss. Former Benfica manager Bruno Lage has been installed as the clear early favourite to replace the departing Nuno Espirito Santo.

Carlos himself?

Big Wolves fan in his early 20s apparently. 

• Haha 3

On 24/05/2021 at 08:43, T Hardy said:

Fair points well made