Bazza is staying

Guest Therealrealist

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Doesn't really matter what the players say, if a good offer comes in it should be taken by a club in our position.

I don’t think it’ll be as simple as that. Being able to find replacements would play a big part.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I don’t think it’ll be as simple as that. Being able to find replacements would play a big part.

Logically correct but unfortunately this is Sheffield Wednesday & DC makes the decisions.

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Need to get real. 

We can't even  pay the wages, we are skint. 

Bannan will be sold if a good offer comes in, along with Windass and Paterson. 

Neither have been most Championship clubs.  Going on your logic, unless he’s going to the PL, nobody will be buying him.

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Predict Banner will be here start of next season but will be sold in January when we are 15th and need the money.

Good, you wouldn't like him when he's angry!!

image.png.3886eb2b25f871cb43dbb3dd91682364.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It would be nice if he stays as I enjoy watching him play football for us. But if he goes it will be because someone pays quite a lot of money for him so that won’t be a terrible thing either. 
The only bad outcome is him leaving because we never pay him. No chance of that scenario though so all is well 👍

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Logically correct but unfortunately this is Sheffield Wednesday & DC makes the decisions.

He does, and he usually says not for sale. It’s no use shooting ourselves in the foot by selling players we then struggle to replace. Need to tee up their successors first.

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Why, Has Portugal gone into lockdown?

God id hate to think what there lockdown is when freedom involves taping your mouth up once you leave your front door. Be a few with funny sunburn tans on part of there face and where mask is white . Think i will stay in the uk. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Neither have been most Championship clubs.  Going on your logic, unless he’s going to the PL, nobody will be buying him.

I've only seen reports about Wednesday and Derby not paying wages. 

All it takes is someone to offer him a similar contract to what he’s on here (money wise) and a team that has aims in mind to push on like Brentford again. 

I just can’t see bannan wanting to drop down another league, for me that’s fair enough his sportsmanship is fantastic. 

I have a new song for us to sing in Division Three.

To the tune of "Kum By Yah Me Lord".

Ba Ba Nan - is staying - Ba Ba Nan.

Ba Ba Nan - is stating - Ba Ba Nan.

Oh Ba - Ba Ba Nan.

(the do clap stuff)

Then Repeat...

Ba Ba Nan - is stating - Ba Ba Nan.

Oh Ba - Ba Ba Nan.

Then finish on claps

46 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I've only seen reports about Wednesday and Derby not paying wages. 

Senior executives from Millwall and Cardiff this week saying that most of the clubs had only been paying players about 50% of their wages this season.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Spookone said:

I’m still thinking he will move on, it shows very little ambition on his part if he wants to stay at a club in our state and in League 1.

plus he’s far too good for L1

I don't see why you can't be both ambitious AND loyal, he can direct his ambitions towards the club, and drag the young and the feckless with him back into the championship.

DC isn’t a seller.

His first reaction to getting relegated will obviously be getting promoted at the first time of asking. To do that you need Bannan playing regularly.

I’m sure there’d be plenty of suitors at 4-5M. Getting promoted would be worth almost double that.

I think DC will hold on to him and go for busy getting promoted and risk losing him for nothing at the end of the season. 

If I were DC I’d do the same.