Keiren Westwood

Westwood was one of the better keepers weve had,in his heyday right up there with the best.

Like a few stayed well beyond his sell by date and should have been given much tougher competition to get the best out of him,but the lack of investment in quality in our defenders exposed him more than he should have been.

The time to move him on elapsed some years ago, but thats been a theme at the club under poor ownership and shouldnt detract his record of clean sheets. 

He served us well

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rogers said:

May be my memory, but I cannot think of many games when the keepers listed here were the different in winning and losing. 

Woods (argh) made some right changers, and Pressman was in goals for some of our most embarrassing drubbings 

You might want to canvass the opinions of United fans on whether Pressman was ever the difference in games against them!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

He's been the best keeper for us for a long time. Just a shame about the odd injury and useless Monk dropping him. If not for that, we would have stayed up. 

We also need to find 2 new keepers for next season as '3 goals Wildsmith' and Dawson are both useless. 

Apparently they are still young (25) and are for the future 

Maybe they need loaning out to a league 1 club !!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Was always head and shoulders above the rest

glad someone else appreciated his fine locks. As a follicly challenged person of some years, it's rare I get envious of a fine mop, but Westy's slick strands are on another level.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

So important we bring in a new number one now. Wildsmith and Dawson are shocking and need to leave also. Been a very good player over the years has Westwood. Wish him all the best. 

THE THOUGHT OF EITHER OF THOSE 2 CLOWNS STANDING BETWEEN THE STICKS NEXT SEASON SCARES ME SHITTLESS

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fudge27 said:

KP was a different level to Westwood.

Westwood for 3 years was class, unfortunately the last 3 seasons have ruined any kind of legacy he built himself 

Agreed, Kevin Pietersen was something else.

12 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Westwood has been good, mostly.  He's also had some bad periods.

Pressman was class in the top flight, you cannot deny that.

Srnicek was class in the 2nd tier for us, as was Pressman too.

I'm not buying these apples, sorry.    Westwood has been good for us in the 2nd tier on the main.   Not totally.   

Srnicek never played in the second tier for us.

51 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

glad someone else appreciated his fine locks. As a follicly challenged person of some years, it's rare I get envious of a fine mop, but Westy's slick strands are on another level.

Outstanding locks. Him, Hooper, some great heads of hair now left the club. 

If we lose Hutchinson's mop then we might as well all pack up and go home. Can't have Barry Bannan as the captain of Hairline FC

• Haha 1