pound for pound, Jordan Rhodes, the worst signing in our history?

On 22/05/2021 at 08:29, DSandersonOWL said:

Good luck with this.

Expect you will still be banging on about Rhodes in 50 years' time.

Same as I do about the ridiculous Brian Usher, the first appalling signing Wednesday made in my experence

And I still hate Man Utd for signing our golden boy Albert Quixall a decade earlier

As you like starting repetetive threads, looking forward to your next one:  how about one on George Hirst?

So odd a thread on a message board upsets you so much

Kindly suggest you try being a little less sensitive 

6 hours ago, nickswfc said:

So odd a thread on a message board upsets you so much

Kindly suggest you try being a little less sensitive 

Intrigued that so many people keep starting the same old threads saying nothing new about Rhodes. 

Driven by guilt of those who promoted his signing!

Fuelled by disappointment that yet another saviour failed us!  

On 23/05/2021 at 12:13, Since 1971 said:

Pound for pound Rhodes is one of our worst signings of the Chansiri era. Worst of all time? He's not even in my top ten.

Pound for pound, expectation, overall output........

Andy Sinton cost £2.3m just in transfer fee. That was approx 76% of the British transfer record at the time.

In today's money that's £65m.

Do I need to continue?

My personal obsession on this theme is Chris Woods. Expectation and overall output. Would we have got to two cup finals without Woods in the team? Yes. 

Would we have won at least one of them without Woods in the team? Most probably yes.

Would we have breached financial regulations and got relegated if we hadn't signed Rhodes? Yes. He's not the problem.

And don't we all just know, if we get them in the cup at Hillsborough, Rhodes is going to score at least one.

We got more than half back of what we paid for Andy Sinton and whilst he wasn’t brilliant he performed reasonably in the Premier League.

We’ve got nothing for Rhodes. It has been money completely down the toilet. Not Jordan’s fault but it’s a dreadful waste of resources. Abdi is worse for me. Rhodes at least contributed occasionally 

• Like 2

On 25/05/2021 at 16:57, Beast of Boulogne said:

Darren wood 

Ian Fleming 

Patrick Blondeau 

I would go along with this adding Beswetherick and Gills De Bilde.

Blondeau and De Bilde came with big reputations doing well at international level so more disappointing than Rhodes as they both produced very little whatsoever.