Appointed from within, looks like the person to oversee all the individual departments Chansiri is always talking about. 

Been here 2 years as commercial director for the club  and Elev8, not altogether sure what he's been doing TBH. Our commercial activities have been woeful.

It's what I've wanted, so not going to be churlish, but with some caution as we've seen previous appointments come and go and he only has a couple of years in football.

CV reeds like a salesman, if I were suspicious might think each department head put their names in a hat to see who got the title to appease fans etc calling for structure. Or maybe because he looks like Gary Monk, Chansiri got a bit confused on the zoom call and nobody dare say anything.

It's a step in the right direction, but find it hard to trust Chansiri, I'll reserve judgement on this one.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

Key step is the role, identifying responsibilities and targets.

Granted any target will be starting from a low base, but its a step in the right direction IF he's allowed to get on with the role and make decision befitting of a COO.  

If he doesn't meet agreed targets that align with the strategic direction of the club (don't laugh) then get rid and find someone who will.

At least its a very small step...

😂I never cease to be amazed by how people think SWFC is a normal, functioning business with strategy, structure, measures etc. It's bizarre.

5 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Was optimistic until I saw it’s an internal promotion. More of the same then.

Club needs fresh ideas not the same people sat in different chairs each week.

Agree in part. There are some good people at the club. What they need  is the freedom to actually do their jobs and make decisions.

26 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That's good news, then - the Elev8 brand has really grown in recent years.

:ph34r:

Do we get the girl in the ad running on the pitch at half time in the gear she wears in the ad?