Jordan Rhodes - Huddersfield Medical

1 hour ago, NobbyStyle said:

You’re right of course.

@areNOTwhatTHEYseemquoted my post earlier in the thread saying something similar. I can think of a couple of future thread titles already,

”Jordan Rhodes Goal Machine”

”Why didn’t we play to JR’s strengths”

lol

or a simpler one.

”Why didn’t we play Jordan Rhodes?”

Cos I’m fooked if I can explain it. 

• Like 3

On 20/05/2021 at 17:44, Holmowl said:

You can say what you like about his previous years here, but our use of him this season has been car-crash management.

Plays

team does ok

dropped

team does crap

Plays 

team does ok

dropped 

team does crap

Plays

Rinse and repeat

I’ll never fathom this season.

Stats are correct,but i think you know theres more to it than that,ie who was dropped,injured/not playing? what tactics were used? subs? game management.and so on...as well as who were the opposition,and were they playing poor.many many variables...

On 20/05/2021 at 10:56, Lionel Fessi said:

Still cannot believe we signed him when we already had Fletcher, Hooper, Joao and Forestieri...let alone Winnall & Nuhiu who couldn’t even make the bench.

The money we spent on Rhodes could and absolutely should have gone on a LB, CB, CM and RM. At the time replacing Loovens & Pudil as well as upgrading Wallace & Hutchinson would have probably taken us up that year and made is a significantly better team in the seasons that followed. 

We could have signed Andy Robertson from Hull and had £2m change !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Stats are correct,but i think you know theres more to it than that,ie who was dropped,injured/not playing? what tactics were used? subs? game management.and so on...as well as who were the opposition,and were they playing poor.many many variables...

A quick look at that makes it even more inexplicable that he barely started.

Opposition for his starts. I’ve added the result when he left the field. 

Cardiff W

Watford D

Swansea W

Wycombe W

Stoke D

Brentford L

Norwich D

Huddersfield W

Barnsley W

Watford L 

Cardiff W

QPR L

Swansea L

Blackburn W

Derby D

Starts 15
Winning 7

Drawing 4

Losing 4

Seemingly our glorious array of managerial talent this season thought he was the man to lead the line against that top heavy set of opponents, but not the rest. Despite it clearly working.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/05/2021 at 16:40, WalthamOwl said:

yes I think he will do well for them, still got goals in him, getting a move to another Championship club is a good move for him. 

Can you elaborate a little more still? 

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yet he'll be playing in the championship next season while we're scrabbling around in the pub league.

The explanation for this quandary is that our managers did not know how to produce the style of football to suit him, right up to DM not starting him in the penultimate match h vs Forest.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

A quick look at that makes it even more inexplicable that he barely started.

Opposition for his starts. I’ve added the result when he left the field. 

Cardiff W

Watford D

Swansea W

Wycombe W

Stoke D

Brentford L

Norwich D

Huddersfield W

Barnsley W

Watford L 

Cardiff W

QPR L

Swansea L

Blackburn W

Derby D

Starts 15
Winning 7

Drawing 4

Losing 4

Seemingly our glorious array of managerial talent this season thought he was the man to lead the line against that top heavy set of opponents, but not the rest. Despite it clearly working.

Every one of our glorious array have been unable to make use of him properly and preferred even Patto. Low crosses into the box were required but it never happened. 

7 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yet he'll be playing in the championship next season while we're scrabbling around in the pub league.

I think some fans think our infamous ‘recruitment team’ are going to unearth a fast, hungry 21 year old Drogba-esque replacement for Rhodes, and a young Ryan Giggs for Reach.

6 hours ago, victorturner said:

The explanation for this quandary is that our managers did not know how to produce the style of football to suit him, right up to DM not starting him in the penultimate match h vs Forest.

Thing is, this season they actually used him well enough to keep us up, but for some bizarre reason sat him in the stands.

• Like 1