David Agbontohoma

Hold on, hold on it’s almost as if being under embargo doesn’t stop us operating? And the deafening silence of inactivity that so many are telling me is just us getting on with things behind closed doors?? 

• Like 7

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Don’t worry, there’s special dispensation for us to sign anyone with an unpronounceable surname.

Welcome to Hillsborough, Big Dave!

The type of signing we need to be making young & would cost nothing, plus we haven't got a pot to pee in, he could end up being another Iorfa? Decent sell on fee in future? He reminds me of a young Ken Monku? Remember him for Southampton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

IIRC the embargo stops us from actually buying anyone, not picking up free agents

Are you sure?

The way I read it the embargo is a ban on registering players. So even if we sign free agents they still can’t play for the club. ???

1 hour ago, OneManBand said:

'competition from elsewhere to land his signature'

can't see getting paid on time every month to be of interest, or influencing him in any way.

now what was the policy the dingles used in their recruitment strategy?

57 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Hold on, hold on it’s almost as if being under embargo doesn’t stop us operating? And the deafening silence of inactivity that so many are telling me is just us getting on with things behind closed doors?? 

Even when Bolton were an absolute shambles they still signed players. Anyone can sign players. Decent players? Players that fit a structure and plan of the club? Players that are going to be valuable for the cause? We will see as we don't have a very good history of success rates with transfers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Even when Bolton were an absolute shambles they still signed players. Anyone can sign players. Decent players? Players that fit a structure and plan of the club? Players that are going to be valuable for the cause? We will see as we don't have a very good history of success rates with transfers. 

IF certain parties don't take a huge step back from team affairs at hillsborough, then we can only go in one direction until they leave the club, that seems to be the biggest FACT! 

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

This is true! It’s not a recent thing either. As long as I can remember supporting our mighty club we have been making horrendous transfer decisions! 

Im fairly sure this window will be far more economical, thought through and address our imbalances more than any of recent years.

15 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Are you sure?

The way I read it the embargo is a ban on registering players. So even if we sign free agents they still can’t play for the club. ???

Free transfers up until a certain squad number of players as far as I can remember. Also there was a cap on salary in championship too. Unless I dreamt it. 

Wednesday are on record as saying this chap is 

"one for the future." 

So he's heading straight into the reserves as Chansiri has no intention of playing him. 

At 19 if he's good old enough to be in the first team. He can't be worse than borner etc as its impossible to worse that him. 

My advice to this new chap is to avoid Wednesday like the plague. 

Why? 

Because once he's in the reserves he will never been seen again. Just as happens every season to so many. 

If he does come to Wednesday then that's because nobody wants him. Same as players like, kachunga etc. 

We are club for players so bad that nobody else would ever sign them. 

If you have potential. 

Stay away from Chansiris dynasty. Or have your career ruined. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shetland Owl said:

one for the future

Probably, but the lad is 20 in September. We're in L1 so would expect him to be thought of with the first team in mind. 

Many teams would loan out their 20 year old players for regular game time in L1 and L2. No point recruiting shirt fillers for the U23's.

• Like 3