The cost of playing at Hillsborough

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

... did they?!

Yep, via a release to Press Association discussed on here a few weeks back.

Why, more interesting question.

2 hours ago, Hornsby said:

If, of course, he is real beneficial owner.

Club said TUG had bought us from Milan M.

Very true Hornsby - seem to recall the first press conference featuring Milan & Chansiri had the ‘TUF’ logo as the backdrop to the photographs 

My take for what it’s worth is that Chansiri is the front man and if we had made the Premiership then TUF would have come to the forefront.

Only  time will tell !!

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, bolton9owl said:

Very true Hornsby - seem to recall the first press conference featuring Milan & Chansiri had the ‘TUF’ logo as the backdrop to the photographs 

My take for what it’s worth is that Chansiri is the front man and if we had made the Premiership then TUF would have come to the forefront.

Only  time will tell !!

Of course, source of money determines real (beneficial )owner.

TUG seem to be doing well in current times so no apparent reason why they would turn off cash tap.

But someone has.

For further info on this mob, see Greenpeace investigative reports. Brutal.

5 hours ago, Hornsby said:

TUG seem to be doing well in current times so no apparent reason why they would turn off cash tap.

But someone has.

Brutal action taken by TUG after the Greenpeace report, TUG dealt with the management  by sacking the entire higher management responsible for the mistreatment and dangerous practices at one of it's subsidiaries mentioned in the report.

Taken from a Greenpeace statement 11th July 2017.

Perry Wheeler, Greenpeace Seafood Communications and Outreach Manager, Greenpeace USA, phone: +1 301-675-8766

Greenpeace and Thai Union have agreed to meet every six months to assess the company’s progress and implementation. At the conclusion of 2018, an independent third-party will review progress to-date on the commitments.

“Thai Union has set a new standard for the seafood industry to deal with destructive fishing, labour abuse, and unethical practices,” McDiarmid continued. “This is a great day for the hundreds of thousands of people around the world who want the seafood industry to take stronger action to eliminate these problems.”

“Thai Union has fully embraced its role as a leader for positive change as one of the largest seafood companies in the world,” said Thiraphong Chansiri, Thai Union’s CEO. “Thai Union looks forward to continuing to execute our SeaChange® sustainability strategy, strengthened and enhanced by the joint agreement with Greenpeace and our shared vision for healthy seas now and for future generations.”

Do you still think the Thai Union Group would be backing Chancer if they had any interest in Sheffield Wednesday, son of the president /CEO or not he would be out on his ear, plain fact is they have no financial involvement with the club i only wish they had.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
6 hours ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

Brutal action taken by TUG after the Greenpeace report, TUG dealt with the management  by sacking the entire higher management responsible for the mistreatment and dangerous practices at one of it's subsidiaries mentioned in the report.

Taken from a Greenpeace statement 11th July 2017.

Perry Wheeler, Greenpeace Seafood Communications and Outreach Manager, Greenpeace USA, phone: +1 301-675-8766

Greenpeace and Thai Union have agreed to meet every six months to assess the company’s progress and implementation. At the conclusion of 2018, an independent third-party will review progress to-date on the commitments.

“Thai Union has set a new standard for the seafood industry to deal with destructive fishing, labour abuse, and unethical practices,” McDiarmid continued. “This is a great day for the hundreds of thousands of people around the world who want the seafood industry to take stronger action to eliminate these problems.”

“Thai Union has fully embraced its role as a leader for positive change as one of the largest seafood companies in the world,” said Thiraphong Chansiri, Thai Union’s CEO. “Thai Union looks forward to continuing to execute our SeaChange® sustainability strategy, strengthened and enhanced by the joint agreement with Greenpeace and our shared vision for healthy seas now and for future generations.”

Do you still think the Thai Union Group would be backing Chancer if they had any interest in Sheffield Wednesday, son of the president /CEO or not he would be out on his ear, plain fact is they have no financial involvement with the club i only wish they had.

So why Trevor did your PR team at club say they did, via big Press Release?

With a big TUG graphics announcing sale to them from Milan?

I know exactly relationship and am trying to buy TU G shares to raise it with Board and confirm it.

Greenpeace also said still lost of work to be done on Human Rights!

Incredible. And fans think you can deal with this mob.

28 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Do you have a link for this?

Genuinely don't recall it.

I remember a few days before takeover DC being declared as head of a consortium, and that his relationship with TUG was established, and obviously the infamous TUG on the sponsorship board behind him on day one (followed by him saying "no no it's only me" before the logo never appeared again), but I don't recall any of what you're saying

16 hours ago, Hornsby said:

But someone has.

The TUG accounts run to +300 pages and include extensive disclosures of the Directors others positions; of the Group structure and of Connected transactions...guess what, not a word on SWFC.

Now that could because the involvement in SWFC is some elaborate accounting fraud being carried out by the senior management of public company to lose +£100m on a unrelated activity...or it could be because there is just no connection. It's the latter.

Unfortunately the caper at SWFC and the calamity that it has become is solely the doing of a lesser talented family member.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rogers said:

This is DC’s get out clause; he’ll never sell the ground, but he’ll sell the club. 

£2.5m a year pay back. 

We’ll be like Coventry, crippled by our own stadium 

Spot on.

It's not so much DC we have to be worried about but the person/company to whom DC sells the stadium.

I'm not sure how easy / difficult it would be to get change of use so that the ground can be knocked down and the land sold for housing, retail or commerce. Therefore, for the time being, the ground will remain an albatross around DC's neck which suggests that, whether he likes it or not, if he wants to recover even just a sizeable part of his investment, DC's in it for the long run.

52 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Spot on.

It's not so much DC we have to be worried about but the person/company to whom DC sells the stadium.

I'm not sure how easy / difficult it would be to get change of use so that the ground can be knocked down and the land sold for housing, retail or commerce. Therefore, for the time being, the ground will remain an albatross around DC's neck which suggests that, whether he likes it or not, if he wants to recover even just a sizeable part of his investment, DC's in it for the long run.

The ground has little to no value. The cost to clear the site would not make it worth building the houses. Assuming planning permission would be granted for homes that are in a flood plain hotspot. It’s not like when arsenal sold their stadium in a prime retail location to offset the cost of the new stadium. 

the only value the ground now really has is in the rent we will be paying to play league 1 football there. 

the basket case continues

Guest Therealrealist

So he hasnt sold the ground to himself or his wife?? He will be paying real money in rent to an outside party??

Guest Grandad
50 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

I've been called a lot of names in my time, but never a Trevor or Braithwait FFS.

Hes alright is Trev. Quite the compliment actually

I didn't think it could be you as him though. Your spelling is much better

4 hours ago, Hornsby said:

I know exactly relationship and am trying to buy TU G shares to raise it with Board and confirm it.

Greenpeace also said still lost of work to be done on Human Rights!

Incredible. And fans think you can deal with this mob.

I can guarantee that the TUG logo wasn't anywhere near the press release in January 2015 that's a mistake from Wikipoo.

It was Thai Union Foods (TUF) then and became  the Thai Union Group later that year after the sale of the club.

chancer.jpg.9360e40f03e3b9594fc3683483ede69a.jpg

A lady spokesperson read a statement from TUF declaring that they hadn't any financial involvement  with the takeover it was a private venture by the CEO's son only.

And the TUF logo only appears as a thank you to the company by chancer because of the investments with them enabled him to buy the club! 

Regards 

Tricky Trev !!!

• Haha 1

Guest Hornsby
5 hours ago, kobayashi said:

The TUG accounts run to +300 pages and include extensive disclosures of the Directors others positions; of the Group structure and of Connected transactions...guess what, not a word on SWFC.

Now that could because the involvement in SWFC is some elaborate accounting fraud being carried out by the senior management of public company to lose +£100m on a unrelated activity...or it could be because there is just no connection. It's the latter.

Unfortunately the caper at SWFC and the calamity that it has become is solely the doing of a lesser talented family member.

Then why did club tell us there was?

Guest Hornsby
3 hours ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

I can guarantee that the TUG logo wasn't anywhere near the press release in January 2015 that's a mistake from Wikipoo.

It was Thai Union Foods (TUF) then and became  the Thai Union Group later that year after the sale of the club.

chancer.jpg.9360e40f03e3b9594fc3683483ede69a.jpg

A lady spokesperson read a statement from TUF declaring that they hadn't any financial involvement  with the takeover it was a private venture by the CEO's son only.

And the TUF logo only appears as a thank you to the company by chancer because of the investments with them enabled him to buy the club! 

Regards 

Tricky Trev 

I could just about buy that if club had nt also issued a release to Press Association stating TUF, now TUG, had bought Milan shares.

Nice try. Tuna fish and trebles all round.

2 hours ago, kobayashi said:

They didn't they said it was a deal between MM''s football company and  DC...TUG have no involvement at SWFC.

Correct, they never said anything about TUF having involvement in the club. 

They said his family control TUF.

Hornsby press release here, unless they can provide another press release. 

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2015/january/sheffield-wednesday-announce-thai-takeover/