Retained List Worry

3 hours ago, BowOwl said:

I've got a broken keyboard on a laptop thats getting on a bit. I'm fully confident of a 3 year deal.

Update: Keyboard should be fixed in 2 weeks

I’ve got a two year deal with muangthong United. Chansiri has recommended me having been impressed with my performance since arriving in Thailand 

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Urhoghide the only one I would like us to keep. 

Me too, but even without him we have Iorfa, Dunkley, Borner and Hutchinson for two CB spots (assuming 4231).

I'm not saying they are all better and I wouldn't swap any, but players in his position currently on the payroll.

3 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Dom Howson reported that moore held talks with the players last week and the retained list should be announced this week. 

We already know Van Aken is off. Hopefully most of the others will follow. 

I think thats the worry, the delay means they may be in talks to stay (some of them anyway). We need the majority of them gone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BIG D said:

Am I right in thinking that it's usually been sorted by now? I'm already feeling that things aren't going as you'd expect.

What's going off?

The retained list only had to be submitted to the FA & EFL by last weekend, there’s no rule that you have to announce it by a certain period. PL clubs have until the 27th May to submit there’s.

present contracts expire 30th June so despite the embargo, if we are shopping for Free’s and loans then you can’t sign anyone until 1st July.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I don’t think so. Wasn’t it reported that Moore was set for talks with Chansiri this week regarding budget and plan for next year? If so I’d imagine it’s only after that meeting.

Pulis is still waiting for his meeting with the chairman.

What chance does Moore have?

• Like 2

Quite a few other teams have yet to release their lists.

Just because we don't know it is very likely the players have been told and plans are already being made for their replacements, Van Aken for example we know has left. 

I would be in the same boat and concerned if we went into next week not knowing but I expect we will hear this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Van Aken for example we know has left. 

It's normally a pain in the arse getting a lift to the airport but I bet Joost was taken aback to see the line of cars waiting outside his house the day he said he was leaving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Dom Howson reported that moore held talks with the players last week and the retained list should be announced this week. 

What worries me more is that DC has retained the accounts list, which is the reason we're in an embargo. Until that's sorted we can't sign players. Everything is so amateurish at this club of ours.

8 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Hopefully, all of the others will follow.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Due to forum pressure, Neil is looking to offload me to Bristol City for 1 million ala Jack Hunt.

I’d probably give you a contract in front of that shocking bunch we had playing for us this season SiJ.

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

I’d probably give you a contract in front of that shocking bunch we had playing for us this season SiJ.

Tbf, I've probably played better football in the last few weeks at five aside than those lot have all season lol

I think we’re going to be disappointed. I’m expecting Westwood, Lees, Harris, Pelupessy, Odubajo and Reach all to be offered new contracts. Not all will sign but think we’ll be playing a waiting game again.

• Like 1