Retained List Worry

39 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I think a delay is understandable in light of Moore's health problems.

It must have set planning back.

Yea like that would be a good excuse in the Chansiri clusterfook world 

• Like 1

I think, with Van Aken announcing his own departure, the conversations have already happened and I wouldn’t be surprised if we found out officially today or tomorrow.

The players I want to keep (Uroghide) won’t be staying and I think Hutchinson staying is a given. So with all that in mind I’d be surprised if we gave contracts to anyone & I think it’s the fresh start we need as a club and the players need in their individual careers.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313

In prior years when we had nothing to play for with half a dozen games left, the manager probably sat down with players and worked through it all. Then they would know they were leaving with a few games left.. some could be left out, others would kind of get a farewell appearance in front of the fans.

This year we couldn’t tell them all they aren’t getting renewed when we needed effort and performances to try and stay up. So all meetings on it will have been delayed until last week.

Moore will have told them now.. so guess it’s a matter of days before they tell the press

I read the chairman and Moore were supposed to have a meeting last week regarding finance. But it's supposed to to now happen this week. If this is true, then it is more than likely the players have not been told anything. Madness. 

• Haha 1

I wouldn’t be too concerned.

They are under contract till June 30th.

Moore says he has his Chansiri meeeting this week. Given all Moore has been through, not surprising running slightly longer than normal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

I like to think of myself as the Izzy Brown of posters. Good reputation on other platforms but very disappointing in my time on here. Just hoping my main employer has a new contract for me otherwise I’m going to have to drop down a division...

Quite difficult being an unofficial (and in parts unwanted) Christian chaplain at a proper Buddhist club.

But if I am offered an extension I'll stay on and fight for my place.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Rogers said:

I honestly think DC thought we’d stay up and now he’s wondering if he can afford to keep ploughing the money in 

He's done pretty much everything possible to make staying up less likely. The points deduction; the constant chopping and changing of managers and playing styles; the refusal to buy a centre forward; the non-payment of wages...if he's worried about protecting his investment, he's got a funny way of going about it!

• Like 2

Guest Andy W
1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Am I right in thinking that it's usually been sorted by now? I'm already feeling that things aren't going as you'd expect.

What's going off?

They way you'd expect is a sh*tfest so all normal for us

I’m looking at a similar timeframe to the academy retained list. The meetings/offers etc were conducted the week before last and the list was officially announced I think the middle of last week?

I’m expecting the first team retained list to be announced around Wednesday. If it isn’t announced by the end of the week then there may be issues?

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, Rogers said:

I honestly think DC thought we’d stay up and now he’s wondering if he can afford to keep ploughing the money in 

He's gonna get a shock tonight when he watches the Championship play offs and realises we aren't in them!