New Sheffield Wednesday Shirt

To be considered a true Wednesday shirt, the stripes must extend to the sleeves and the collar m

and cuffs must be blue or black.  Ideally the socks should be blue and white hoops, as i  the early 1960s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Grandad
2 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

Putting aside the Shay's Triathlon sponsor thing, which is great, this is just a general rant:

Is it just me that hates this modern thing where anybody with a bit of software thinks they can design kits and then call them 'concept kits', like they actually think the brands are going to suddenly offer them top design jobs? It has to be one of the most pointless exercises around at the moment.

"Hey everyone, look at this completely fake and irrelevant fantasy kit I just designed!"

"Why?"

"Erm...dunno..?"

A guy I used to work with - he was actually my Creative Director for several years - eventually got headhunted by one of the major global sportswear brands for a product design role. If any of these concept kit designers saw what he had to go through - literally dedicating his entire life from a young age to relevant cultural pursuits, getting a graphic design degree, working for more than a decade in agency roles in order that he could get his name known with the brands, not to mention becoming personal friends with the right people, before getting anywhere near being considered for an actual job with them - they'd literally just give up and start doing something else.

Anyway, I wouldn't buy that kit myself even though it looks quite nice. I hate button-up shirts, so I'm out.

And the club badge is slightly wonky.

I get equally annoyed about pointless Youtube videos where people give their opinions on their football club - like they think Sky or the BBC will see it and suddenly decide to sack off Alex Scott and replace her with a random Wednesdayite doing selfie videos from his back bedroom

As long as we keep the stripes and the badge isn’t in the centre of the shirt then I’m not entirely bothered. As much as I like Adidas for some reason I just don’t think it would suit us, although that’s probably because we’ve had some awful kit manufacturers in the last 10 years. 

Hummel for me. 

2 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Or maybe with this badge?

image.png.38d40acd1007addddf00d5896b15c932.png

Stripes on the sleeves. Yellow/gold trim on end of sleeves and stripes. Different shade of blue. Black collar. 

change the sponsor design to something less tacky and big. Maybe just the writing. And it’s not that bad in my opinion. 

Black and blue shorts. Blue and black socks. 

also like the idea of Hummel like somebody said. 

I personally don’t like the elev8 stuff 

Edited by TheSlicer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

Putting aside the Shay's Triathlon sponsor thing, which is great, this is just a general rant:

Is it just me that hates this modern thing where anybody with a bit of software thinks they can design kits and then call them 'concept kits', like they actually think the brands are going to suddenly offer them top design jobs? It has to be one of the most pointless exercises around at the moment.

"Hey everyone, look at this completely fake and irrelevant fantasy kit I just designed!"

"Why?"

"Erm...dunno..?"

A guy I used to work with - he was actually my Creative Director for several years - eventually got headhunted by one of the major global sportswear brands for a product design role. If any of these concept kit designers saw what he had to go through - literally dedicating his entire life from a young age to relevant cultural pursuits, getting a graphic design degree, working for more than a decade in agency roles in order that he could get his name known with the brands, not to mention becoming personal friends with the right people, before getting anywhere near being considered for an actual job with them - they'd literally just give up and start doing something else.

Anyway, I wouldn't buy that kit myself even though it looks quite nice. I hate button-up shirts, so I'm out.

And the club badge is slightly wonky.

I’ve seen people at Hillsboro wearing Man U kits with our badge on....it’s the old blue/white away kit from early 90’s....bizarre 

3 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

I’ve seen people at Hillsboro wearing Man U kits with our badge on....it’s the old blue/white away kit from early 90’s....bizarre 

Do you mean this?

It’s not a Man U shirt, but a variant on the design of the old Dutch National shirt.

F285F43B-9848-4568-B8A5-81F78C0E3EC0.png.0662d4891162fbf7f87f9907e8d079fb.png

• Like 1

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.