Holidays / Traffic Light System / Testing

9 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

On the PLF you need to fill in before coming home, you have to put the information in of the test you've booked - order number etc. 

Who checks it? God knows - you could probably lie and get away with it I assume. 

No tests can be carried out at the NHS centres - you can't take lateral flows with you from the NHS either. They must be paid for tests from private clinics.

I have just ordered 2 tests from Randox Health - £120 with the promo code RYANGREEN. This is the pre-departure test and Day 2 test when back in the UK - done via the post, results back in 24 hours. 

So our government doesn’t trust our NHS?

Guest Grandad
16 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

On the PLF you need to fill in before coming home, you have to put the information in of the test you've booked - order number etc. 

Who checks it? God knows - you could probably lie and get away with it I assume. 

No tests can be carried out at the NHS centres - you can't take lateral flows with you from the NHS either. They must be paid for tests from private clinics.

I have just ordered 2 tests from Randox Health - £120 with the promo code RYANGREEN. This is the pre-departure test and Day 2 test when back in the UK - done via the post, results back in 24 hours. 

Don't you need to order 3 tests? Day 8 as well?

I got the email from Ryanair too but was looking at £180 - but maybe that's because Spain is amber?

Guest Grandad
6 hours ago, Big Malc said:

I assume you’d have to find accommodation at your own expense until you tested negative?

Unless you were in hospital

16 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

I wouldn’t risk it. 

I was contacted by phone to check I had the test kit. I was also contacted  to check I had done the day 2 test by someone calling at my house. This was pre easing so less people travelling. How this is policed with the numbers travelling now is debatable.

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

Don't you need to order 3 tests? Day 8 as well?

I got the email from Ryanair too but was looking at £180 - but maybe that's because Spain is amber?

For green it’s just a pre departure test, a test within 72 hours of leaving for the U.K and Day 2 test when back home.

3 hours ago, 1961OWL said:

I wouldn’t risk it. 

I was contacted by phone to check I had the test kit. I was also contacted  to check I had done the day 2 test by someone calling at my house. This was pre easing so less people travelling. How this is policed with the numbers travelling now is debatable.

I imagine it’ll be difficult as the weeks go on 

Not an issue, I’ve got all the tests anyway ready to go

EU ambassadors for the 27 member states reached an agreement on Wednesday to allow vaccinated holidaymakers from outside the EU, including the UK, to visit the bloc, reports say.

Ambassadors recommended at a meeting on Wednesday that rules should be changed to allow non-essential visits into the EU by travellers who are fully vaccinated – in other words both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one in the case of the Johnson & Johnson injection.

However on the unresolved question of how will visitors be able to prove they have been vaccinated, the EU said it will be up to individual member states to decide what evidence they will accept.

TUI are doing a £20 subsidised kit for those who have had the double jab, one lateral flow test before return and one PCR for when you get back.

If you need to get a PCR test to enter a country they are doing a £60 kit, one PCR before you leave, a lateral flow before you depart back and a PCR when you get back

Obviously you have to book with TUI

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/info/covid19-testing

They are the same test, but you can't use NHS tests for travel proof. they have to be private tests.

I do get the reasoning, we don't want testing capacity struggling because they are busy processing holidaymakers tests.

On 18/05/2021 at 00:13, Big Malc said:

So our government doesn’t trust our NHS?

It's not that our Government don't trust the NHS...and believe me I am as far away as you can get from a supporter of our government.

It's the ethical issue, testing capacity is limited. It should be prioritized...holiday makers are not the priority

• Like 1

We're hopefully going on a cruise at the beginning of July so I ordered some tests. They arrived the next day. Just OCR the test strips and say if it's a positive or negative job done. 

From all I've heard once the test is carried out at the airport etc you wait 30 minutes for the result. Same as the ones I've got and my wife uses. Did hear the other day of somewhere you only wait for 15. My wife does a test twice a week for work and to be honest you can see what the result  is going to be after 10 to 15 minutes

9 hours ago, darra said:

We're hopefully going on a cruise at the beginning of July so I ordered some tests. They arrived the next day. Just OCR the test strips and say if it's a positive or negative job done. 

From all I've heard once the test is carried out at the airport etc you wait 30 minutes for the result. Same as the ones I've got and my wife uses. Did hear the other day of somewhere you only wait for 15. My wife does a test twice a week for work and to be honest you can see what the result  is going to be after 10 to 15 minutes

When flying from Manchester recently they were exactly the same as the NHS ones. Took around fifteen minutes.