13 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

We didnt have to put up with to in the Championship.

I really dislike VAR but did raise a smile when I saw the Chelsea goal ruled out just now.

A smile? I raised a bottle of Laphroaig!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They have gone from a referee making a debatable decision to three blokes in a room making a debatable decision.

One let the game flow, the other disrupted it and ruined goal celebrations.

Horrible tech.

Apart from today. 

Congratulations Mr Vardy Hahaha

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

for once VAR actually worked as was intended 

I thought var was brought in to make sure that clearly wrong decidions were overturned. Today wasnt that. He was in line, but his left toe was 2 inch offside. Its an absolute shambles and makes the game a joke.

Like everyone though i laughed when it was disallowed. Great to see anyone but the same boring teams winning

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
12 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

I thought var was brought in to make sure that clearly wrong decidions were overturned. Today wasnt that. He was in line, but his left toe was 2 inch offside. Its an absolute shambles and makes the game a joke.

Like everyone though i laughed when it was disallowed. Great to see anyone but the same boring teams winning

Well in terms of offside people might not like it but it’s consistent and it works. You’re either on or you’re off and have to draw the line somewhere. If you’re going to build in a margin of error then how much should that be, and won’t that just make the decision making more erratic and shift the offside line by a few inches 

He was clearly offside in that you could see on the lines that part of his body was nearer the goal than the defender. 

Perhaps it’s because I didn’t have any particular affinity with either team, but I thought the VAR incident at the time added somewhat to the tension and excitement of the occasion, which was otherwise largely devoid of memorable incidents

One minute you have the Chelsea fans celebrating the goal like wildfire, then you have the nail biting tension while the decision is reviewed and then, minutes later, when the goal is chalked off, it’s the turn of the Leicester fans to celebrate.

The right decision was reached in the end - having said that, if it had been Wednesday on the wrong end of the decision, I’d have been pretty disgruntled.

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Hmm, it was the right decision today of course but you can’t celebrate a goal until it’s been approved these days.  Sad really.  Glad it’s not in league 1 next season 

This is the whole point - it’s wrong that a goal can’t be celebrated until it’s approved. The immediacy and excitement of football trumps absolute accuracy, and as we see with many VAR decisions, they are still subjective. Even after replaying an incident 20 times there is often disagreement. Go back to goal line technology only. Scrap VAR.

• Like 4