NFL - 2021

10 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Going with a Jaguars victory today, got James Robinson in my fantasy so want a big game from him!

Tua needs to start proving himself for Miami.

Tua playing with fractured ribs apparentlt though

What a strange feeling, watching 2'nd half and not feeling like my hart might explode any minute 😅

Awesome, in 6'th week we already won as many games as we did whole last season and twice as many as we won season before last. But truth be told we had fairly favorable schedule so far. After Jets game in 8'th week I can see us going on a long losing streak.

Our D is looking great, but our OL will have to improve if we are to offer any resistance to Ravens.

Can't wait for next Sunday 🙂

Another sickener heading into a bye week for the second straight season. 

We had no business losing that game with the way the first half went, but it happens. I don’t much like the Titans and their style of playing isn’t for me, but they’re a tough and well coached team who I think will get stronger as the year goes on. I had them in the Super Bowl for a reason. Can’t be as ineffective in the RZ as we were and expect to win.

Still, we shouldn’t have lost that one. Big call to go for it on 4th. Loved the call at the time, still do now in hindsight. It just doesn’t pay off sometimes. If Josh doesn’t slip I think he makes it. But them’s the breaks.

Week off to stew on it, then a very favourable stretch of games out of the bye. 

At least those salty Cardinals fans can stop being so butthurt about not being #1 in someone’s power rankings this week.

• Like 1

I bought a Josh Allen jersey at NFL London at the weekend. The boy decided Steelers will be his team and got a WATT jersey. We bumped into Greg Rutherford whilst in the store - lovely bloke and a Cardinals fan.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 20/10/2021 at 09:58, TheGodfather said:

We had no business losing that game with the way the first half went, but it happens. I don’t much like the Titans and their style of playing isn’t for me, but they’re a tough and well coached team who I think will get stronger as the year goes on. I had them in the Super Bowl for a reason. Can’t be as ineffective in the RZ as we were and expect to win.

Still, we shouldn’t have lost that one. Big call to go for it on 4th. Loved the call at the time, still do now in hindsight. It just doesn’t pay off sometimes. If Josh doesn’t slip I think he makes it. But them’s the breaks.

At least those salty Cardinals fans can stop being so butthurt about not being #1 in someone’s power rankings this week.

Yeah the Bills seem to be the Titans team, smashed you last year as well. But Allen doesn't slip and you're walking out of their with the win imo.

Still think you will be a strong SB contender. What's up with the running game though? Doesn't seem like Allen runs as much, and Moss and Singletary don't seem to get loads of carries either.

On 20/10/2021 at 23:12, TheGodfather said:

Watson trade rumours bubbling up again. Genuinely do not get it. Unless the Texans are literally giving him away, why would you? It’s a heck of a gamble. 

And yeah, seems daft - Tua isn't that bad, it's everything else around him that needs an upgrade imo. Gaskin is OK, Waddle looks bright in patches, Fuller is never on the pitch, Parker feels the same. Only Gesicki seems to be reliable.

Think it's a GM and coach trying to save their jobs after have about 40 first round picks and getting worse.

Bears Talk time again.

I predicted the score last week, but tbf I thought we kept up with Green Bay. Their offence is leagues ahead of ours though and that's what won out in the end, and yes Aaron, you do own us (grrrr).

Fields looked like a rookie - some promising signs and some silly decisions, need to start letting the chains off of him and let him throw soon enough. Khalil Herbert looked great, and to say he was a 6th round pick is even better. Pace and Nagy know how to pick RBs tbf to them.

The Buccs this week in Tampa, just what you want after a rivalry defeat. We went to Tampa last year and beat them tbf, a result which sparked them into life and led to their Super Bowl win (you're welcome everyone).

What our offence does well is running, and the Buccs can stuff the run, so if we do want anything out of this game we're going to use play action and deepshots which Fields looks like he can do, I just don't know if the coaching staff can scheme it up.

Our defence is decent, and Mack and Quinn our OLBs are sack machines this year, but this is The Buccs offence and you can only double cover so many out of Evans, Godwin, Brown, Howard, Fournette, Jones and even Gio (!), and that's assuming Gronk is out still. Brady will pick us apart and we don't have the firepower to keep up.

I'm going to go 34 - 17 to the Buccs. Maybe a miracle will happen, but we don't have as much talent on the field or on the coaching staff that they do.

• Like 1

On 20/10/2021 at 10:58, TheGodfather said:

I don’t claim to know much about NFL, but from what I've seen Bills looked as the most well rounded team in the league and I can easily see them making the Super Bowl if they stay healthy. 

For me the biggest question with Bills was how much Allen will dissgress from last season after improving so much in such a short period. However, Allen is proving to be a real deal and an elite QB. 

Bills are certainly one of sides I enjoy watching the most. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Yeah the Bills seem to be the Titans team, smashed you last year as well. But Allen doesn't slip and you're walking out of their with the win imo.

Still think you will be a strong SB contender. What's up with the running game though? Doesn't seem like Allen runs as much, and Moss and Singletary don't seem to get loads of carries either.

Our run to the end of the season is very favourable now. I still fancy us to have a real shot at the #1 seed.

Run game just isn't a priority in the way we have chosen to play. As long as we carry enough threat to sell the PA well enough, I really don't think Daboll is too bothered by it. Given how inefficient it feels we've been in the RZ so far this season, it would be nice to have a bruising RB option to hand it off to, but alas that's just not our style it seems.

• Like 1