Jump to content

NFL - 2021


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, malek said:

It will take some time for me to recover from this game 😅

 

There is no doubt that Packers were better side and it is amazing how close we came to sneaking away with the win. 

 

BTW. Burrow got taken to hospital with a troath injury. Could have something to do with his weak 2'nd half performance. 

 

It was a great game. Continuing playing like that and the Bengals should get some good results, looks a tough division to get to the play-offs through though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Bears take a blooming excellent victory away to the Raiders.

 

We limited them to 9 points on their own turf. That's with them having Jacobs, Ruggs, Waller, Renfrow etc. Desai has got the defence working again with Mack back sacking (trying to trademark that saying) and players like Houston-Carson making INTs.

 

The offence is still slow and trying to figure itself out, but with the Vikings faltering, the Packers not being like last year and the Lions being, well, the Lions, we could make it a more open division this year.

 

Williams came in for Montgomery and did fine, and Fields got his first NFL TD pass.

 

🐻⬇️

Edited by CalmJimmers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I swear US sports were trying to kill me last night. First the packers waste multiple chances to put the game to bed and a usually reliable kicker has an off day, the bengals kicker scared me when he celebrated missing that FG. Then Boston decide they aren’t content with playing 9 innings of baseball, give up a 2 run lead and decide to walk it off in 13 innings instead. I suppose it’s all training for being a Wednesdayite.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

 

Amazing victory!

 

Never doubted it 😬


Deserved it in the end but I wasn’t confident until Josh started kneeling down.

 

MNF is another big test. Titans on the road. It went terribly last year (albeit with the ridiculous covid rescheduling that went on), and Henry brings something totally different to the Chiefs (that’s what Josh Norman told

me anyway). Getting Milano back before then would be a huge help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

It was a great game. Continuing playing like that and the Bengals should get some good results, looks a tough division to get to the play-offs through though.

 

By far the best thing about last night was that it was the last time we were playing bloody Davante Adams this season. Un-fu@king stoppable 😓

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Texans faking going for it on 4th down, only to pull out at the last second and instead punt it into back of the head of their own O-lineman for a grand total of -2 yards was a thing of utter beauty.

 

Maybe the finest thing i've seen since the Butt Fumble ™.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, websterowl said:

Another great Sunday for us Jags 🙄, hopefully can finally get a win this weekend against the dolphins. Any other Jags fans on here? 

 

Not a Jags fan but seeing them with the 3rd longest losing streak of all time is a bit depressing isn't it! The future QB looks bright though. Plenty of potential if they build well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

 

Not a Jags fan but seeing them with the 3rd longest losing streak of all time is a bit depressing isn't it! The future QB looks bright though. Plenty of potential if they build well. 

I'm liking the look of Lawrence but needs more weapons especially at TE, O-line needs some improvement especially with one of the most underrated centers being injured for 5 weeks,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Neal M said:

Gruden resigns as Raiders HC following reports of racist, homophobic, and misogynistic comments.

His ‘apology’ for the remarks made about De Smith are almost as bad as the remarks themselves. Despite having said ‘Dumborris Smith has lips as big as Michellin tyres’ he claims he’s ‘not a racist’. 
 

So racist and thick as fûçk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Neal M said:

Gruden resigns as Raiders HC following reports of racist, homophobic, and misogynistic comments.

 

Doesn't surprise me - the amount of black players in the dressing room and players who are openly out like Carl Nassib then he would have no credibility whatsoever.

 

Good riddance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Ravens have been annoyingly jammy this season.


Definitely felt like the Colts gave them that one last night, but I do enjoy watching Lamar play. It also made me feel very fortunate to have Tyler Bass on our roster. What happened this week to kickers???
 

Allen

Mahomes

Lamar

Herbert

 

All in the AFC. All elite talents at QB. All 26 or under. There’s your future for a few years. 

 

Burrow not far behind but he needs to keep doing it a bit longer first. Not his fault, the injury set him back. He’ll get there.
 

Lawrence could get there too although I have zero confidence in the Jags putting the pieces around him to be a real threat to anyone come January each year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is Packers week for the Bears this week!

 

For those that don't know, it's the oldest rivalry in the NFL. They are separated by about 200 miles which is a snip in the NFL. The reason I support the Bears is because my dad, who started supporting them because he has family that 'live near Chicago'. Turns out they live very close to the Green Bay area, and are massive Packers fans, and so we now have a rivalry in the family 🤣

 

The Bears are looking solid defensively. We went to Las Vegas last week and blunted the Raiders on their own patch, conceding just 9 points. The Packers are a different beast however, and Aaron Rodgers is our nemesis. Throw in Randall Cobb who has broke our hearts on two occasions and is back at GB, plus Adams and Aaron Jones then I don't think we will stay in single figures. I think GB will score at least 21 points, and a strong possibility they will go above 30.

 

Our offence on the other hand is not a juggernaut. We also have our RB1 (Montgomery) and RB2 (Williams) out for this game. Khalil Herbert came in last week and looks OK, but you need your best players available for the Packers. We also seem to be a bit banged up with players playing through injury. Fields got his first passing TD last week, would love him to get a couple here.

 

I'm going Bears 17 Packers 24. I want it to be close, but I think it might be a late touchdown for the Bears in the 4th that makes it more respectable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

It is Packers week for the Bears this week!

 

For those that don't know, it's the oldest rivalry in the NFL. They are separated by about 200 miles which is a snip in the NFL. The reason I support the Bears is because my dad, who started supporting them because he has family that 'live near Chicago'. Turns out they live very close to the Green Bay area, and are massive Packers fans, and so we now have a rivalry in the family 🤣

 

The Bears are looking solid defensively. We went to Las Vegas last week and blunted the Raiders on their own patch, conceding just 9 points. The Packers are a different beast however, and Aaron Rodgers is our nemesis. Throw in Randall Cobb who has broke our hearts on two occasions and is back at GB, plus Adams and Aaron Jones then I don't think we will stay in single figures. I think GB will score at least 21 points, and a strong possibility they will go above 30.

 

Our offence on the other hand is not a juggernaut. We also have our RB1 (Montgomery) and RB2 (Williams) out for this game. Khalil Herbert came in last week and looks OK, but you need your best players available for the Packers. We also seem to be a bit banged up with players playing through injury. Fields got his first passing TD last week, would love him to get a couple here.

 

I'm going Bears 17 Packers 24. I want it to be close, but I think it might be a late touchdown for the Bears in the 4th that makes it more respectable.

I thought oldest rivary was Chicago vs Detroit?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

 

Nah don't think so mate, Bears v Packers dates back to 1921, think Bears v Lions is 1930.

oh right, anyway that should be good game, also looking forward too Chargers vs Ravens and Cardinals vs Browns tonight. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...