NFL - 2021

Neal M

44 minutes ago, gazzatheowl said:

really hope it was a blip by Green Bay last week but we are so terrible in the secondary I can only see a lions win.

Seriously?! I think you'll do it by 10 points at least, Rodgers doesn't do two bad games.

Edited by CalmJimmers

On 17/09/2021 at 15:33, malek said:

Didn't watch the game, but watched highlights and it seems to be edge of the seat game from start to finish.

Geniuses that run NHL show  for ex Yugoslavia countries predicted that Giants will win their division. I guess that they can still be right about that one.

What I would want them to be wrong about is Bears winning against Bengals 🙄 They seem to think that Montgomery will ruin Bengals D, but watching them deal with Cook I'm quite optimistic.

Although you can say little from highlights, but I thought that he looked great.

Easily Jones's best game since Pat Shurmur was his coordinator in his first year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

I did warn you 😉

Sure you aren't complaining this morning though!

surprised how easy it was for our defence after the first three drives. So glad Eric Stokes is eating into Kevin King’s playing time, King couldn’t cover a bed. Goff still had far too much time to throw though.

• Like 1

A few observations so far after 2 weeks...

- The Dolphins must be sick of playing us by now. 

- The Steelers front 4 is a menace, but they're in trouble if they can't stay healthy.

- Good for Lamar. I hope he never tries to become the pocket passer that everyone says he should be and Ravens fans claim he can be "if only he had a #1 WR". Just let him be what he is, embrace it, and go win games with it.

- Herbert might throw for 9,000 yards this year but only 4,000 will count. The rest will be called back for holding penalties.

- The Kyler Murray hype is already nauseating. 

- The new league taunting rules suck major ****. 

- F*ck Tom Brady (and Bez, obvs).

11 minutes ago, TheGodfather said:

A few observations so far after 2 weeks...

- The Dolphins must be sick of playing us by now. 

- The Steelers front 4 is a menace, but they're in trouble if they can't stay healthy.

- Good for Lamar. I hope he never tries to become the pocket passer that everyone says he should be and Ravens fans claim he can be "if only he had a #1 WR". Just let him be what he is, embrace it, and go win games with it.

- Herbert might throw for 9,000 yards this year but only 4,000 will count. The rest will be called back for holding penalties.

- The Kyler Murray hype is already nauseating. 

- The new league taunting rules suck major ****. 

- F*ck Tom Brady (and Bez, obvs).

What's wrong with Kyler Murray? I think the hypes there for a reason

On 21/09/2021 at 20:44, TheGodfather said:

Nothing wrong with him at all, it’s just a bit much already. It’s week 2. The way some are rattling off about him you’d think he’d already won this year’s MVP. 

Yeah 100%.

I find the culture in the US around sports stars to be strange. They hype players up so much it's a bit nauseating.

For example, I list to the Around the NFL podcast, and the host is a Jets fan. You could have thought that Zach Wilson was already Pat Mahomes the way he was hyping him up. Then cut to week 2 where he threw 4 INTs.

In the UK you feel like it's a bit softly softly in regards to putting pressure on players, whereas in the US it's just screw it, they are the best player ever, despite not even throwing a ball yet.

7 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Worried for Steelera today with defensive injuries all over. No TJ Watt, Highsmith, Alualu, Tuitt. Question marks over Haden and Bush. Plus Diontae Johnson, Ebron and Big Ben all potentially out on offence. Ugly. 

It will be interesting to see if Burrow will bounce back after throwing 3 INT in a row against Bears. He is supposed to be mentaly super strong so lets see how that plays out. 

Good to hear that Steelers D wont be at their best tonight, but Bengals missing their best WR in Higgins should balance things out. I believe that Steelers are still huge favorites in this one. 

17 minutes ago, malek said:

It will be interesting to see if Burrow will bounce back after throwing 3 INT in a row against Bears. He is supposed to be mentaly super strong so lets see how that plays out. 

Good to hear that Steelers D wont be at their best tonight, but Bengals missing their best WR in Higgins should balance things out. I believe that Steelers are still huge favorites in this one. 

I'm going for both teams to get under 20 points and it could go either way. Can see it being similar to how Bengals back up QB got the better of big ben in last seasons match up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I'm going for both teams to get under 20 points and it could go either way. Can see it being similar to how Bengals back up QB got the better of big ben in last seasons match up.

I very much agree with your opinion. Don't think there will be many passing TD's, but both teams got RB's that on their day can hurt opposition. 

Report says that Steelers have 7 and Bengals 6 inactive players for the game making it that much harder to predict. 

17 hours ago, malek said:

I very much agree with your opinion. Don't think there will be many passing TD's, but both teams got RB's that on their day can hurt opposition. 

Report says that Steelers have 7 and Bengals 6 inactive players for the game making it that much harder to predict. 

Good get-right game for Burrow last night. Hope he comes through this bad patch and carries on like he did last year before his injury.

The Bears put in Fields last night and our offence pretty much got worse. Was tough away at the Browns, but it's becoming more obviously by the week that Nagy is the issue, not our QBs.

That was much more like it from us. Makes that week 1 performance even more perplexing. 

Current line is -17.5 against the Texans in Buffalo next Sunday. Any given Sunday and all that, but we should be 3-1 heading into 2 toughies on the road right before the bye (@KC, @TEN). 

The AFC looks wide open this year. Raiders off to a strong start but they've needed OT twice. Chiefs already at 1-2. Ravens a blown delay-of-game call away from being 1-2. Nobody from the Bills/Browns/Titans has stood out as being a cut above the rest, and the Broncos and Chargers look capable of being right in the mix. 

Can't see them sticking around above .500 for the rest of the year but nice to see the Bengals at 2-1 too. 

The Giants and Falcons, truly terrible teams. A game full of errors and awful play. A slightly below average team would have dispatched the Falcons with ease, a slightly below average team with have dispatched the Giants with ease. A 14-17 struggle tells you how bad these teams are. two awful Olines, two awful defences, two very poor offences.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gparrish said:

The Giants and Falcons, truly terrible teams. A game full of errors and awful play. A slightly below average team would have dispatched the Falcons with ease, a slightly below average team with have dispatched the Giants with ease. A 14-17 struggle tells you how bad these teams are. two awful Olines, two awful defences, two very poor offences.

Yeah saw highlights. Looks rough for both teams again. I thought Falcons would have the weapons on offence but they are turgid. Bit like Steelers. No o line makes them redundant. 

9 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Good get-right game for Burrow last night. Hope he comes through this bad patch and carries on like he did last year before his injury.

The Bears put in Fields last night and our offence pretty much got worse. Was tough away at the Browns, but it's becoming more obviously by the week that Nagy is the issue, not our QBs.

Thought Burrow did great against both Vikings and Steelers. But last night was first time that his OL did brilliant job and broke Steelers record of at least one sack a game that lasted for 75 games.

If OL can keep this up Burrow will do great, but I'm not very confident that they will as over first 2 games he was most sacked QB in NHL (If I'm not mistaken). Form of both Mixon and Chase has been a real positive long may it continue.

Jaguars at home is a game that we must aim to win and 3:1 would be fantastic start to the season.