NFL - 2021

Neal M

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Ravens having issues with o line and injuries at rb. I can sense a poorer season than many are anticipating for them. Lamar likes to throw an int or fumble it in a key moment. Thought Raiders played well and stepped up, their D looked improved on last season. 

The Raiders did surprisingly well. Who would have thought Pittsburgh and Cincinnati would be ahead of Cleveland and Baltimore after the opening fixture?

They are still a strong side but I agree it won’t be as good now as some were expecting. I think the Browns should win the division comfortably given the breadth of talent they have, but after that with the Ravens injuries there could be opportunity for Pittsburgh again. Possibly Cincy too if we keep our key players healthy and get a bit of luck. I still expect Baltimore to finish second but they are a few injuries away from disaster.

Dobbins is a big loss for their rushing attack for sure, he looked like he was going to have a big second season, and with Edwards out for the season too they’re seriously short. It’s a good job for them that Jackson is effectively a RB and a QB lol

Marcus Peters is the biggest lost for them though at Corner. He is a top top player. They will miss him big time 

• Like 2

Didn't watch the game, but watched highlights and it seems to be edge of the seat game from start to finish.

Geniuses that run NHL show  for ex Yugoslavia countries predicted that Giants will win their division. I guess that they can still be right about that one.

What I would want them to be wrong about is Bears winning against Bengals 🙄 They seem to think that Montgomery will ruin Bengals D, but watching them deal with Cook I'm quite optimistic.

Positives, at least Daniel Jones didn't trip himself up whilst rushing for a TD

Although you can say little from highlights, but I thought that he looked great.

2 hours ago, malek said:

Didn't watch the game, but watched highlights and it seems to be edge of the seat game from start to finish.

Geniuses that run NHL show  for ex Yugoslavia countries predicted that Giants will win their division. I guess that they can still be right about that one.

What I would want them to be wrong about is Bears winning against Bengals 🙄 They seem to think that Montgomery will ruin Bengals D, but watching them deal with Cook I'm quite optimistic.

Although you can say little from highlights, but I thought that he looked great.

Mate one of the biggest pluses for the Bengals against Minnesota for me was the D-Line. Looked even better in that game than it did with Dunlap and Atkins towards the end of their time in Cincy. Early days but if they can keep up that level we will be in a good place. 

Chicago will be favourites but it’s a game we can win for sure. 

• Thanks 1

On 18/09/2021 at 09:54, TheEnchanter said:

Bears D always seems tough, love Khalil Mack. I'm going Bears to win in Chicago, sorry! Bengals 2-0 would be a big statement though. 

Bear fan here. Mack has slowly fallen off a cliff since we traded for him. Having Fangio as DC when he first came probably helped, but since then he's been a shadow of what he once was. Hoping Sean Desai can help him regain his former form but no counting on it. He's on a frightening contract and all.

Also had Brady and Buccs D in my fantasy yesterday. I can't believe Brady is chucking 9 TDs in 2 games - he's 44 for goodness sake!

Watching this Bengals team play feels eerily like watching Wednesday.

To spend so much of the game digging ourselves out of the hole we put ourselves into just to throw it all away as soon as realistic chance of turning things around appears. Almost like watching myth of bloody Sisyphus play itself on the football pitch.

There was also something poetic about Burrow breaking longest active streak of 200 throws without IT by throwing 3 in the row (and then following it with couple of TD passes) 🙄

Incredibly, after making sooooo many stupid mistakes we were still in the game until last couple of minutes when Fields somehow saved himself from sack on his 3'rd try.

But make no mistake, we lost against much better team on the night and if Dalton stayed on it would have been by larger deficit.

36 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Bloody Ravens are back. Annoying but well played in that last quarter. Are Chiefs on the decline? 

Good question, with Mahomes and to a smaller extent Hill & Kelce they always have a chance, but they don't seem as dominant as they were 2 years ago when they were on another level to everybody else.

Can't believe the stones Jackson had to run on 4th to ice the game. Browns went more aggressive and risky against them last week too.

49 minutes ago, malek said:

Watching this Bengals team play feels eerily like watching Wednesday.

To spend so much of the game digging ourselves out of the hole we put ourselves into just to throw it all away as soon as realistic chance of turning things around appears. Almost like watching myth of bloody Sisyphus play itself on the football pitch.

There was also something poetic about Burrow breaking longest active streak of 200 throws without IT by throwing 3 in the row (and then following it with couple of TD passes) 🙄

Incredibly, after making sooooo many stupid mistakes we were still in the game until last couple of minutes when Fields somehow saved himself from sack on his 3'rd try.

But make no mistake, we lost against much better team on the night and if Dalton stayed on it would have been by larger deficit.

Which is weird mate - Bears fans been clamouring for Fields to start ahead of Dalton since we drafted him. Don't think Dalton is as bad as some fans make out, but he's like a very poor man's Brady in the he's all about being in the pocket, not mobile etc. Fields can move which is the way the NFL has gone, but Trubisky could also move and that was a disaster. 

Nagy was with the Chiefs when Mahomes was drafted, and in his first season he was behind Alex Smith until week 16. They effectively said they wanted his to learn the playbook and not put too much pressure on his shoulders. Look how that turned out, but also it's probably just because Mahomes is frighteningly good and would have smashed it from week 1 in his first season.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Which is weird mate - Bears fans been clamouring for Fields to start ahead of Dalton since we drafted him. Don't think Dalton is as bad as some fans make out, but he's like a very poor man's Brady in the he's all about being in the pocket, not mobile etc. Fields can move which is the way the NFL has gone, but Trubisky could also move and that was a disaster. 

Nagy was with the Chiefs when Mahomes was drafted, and in his first season he was behind Alex Smith until week 16. They effectively said they wanted his to learn the playbook and not put too much pressure on his shoulders. Look how that turned out, but also it's probably just because Mahomes is frighteningly good and would have smashed it from week 1 in his first season.

Great post, mate 🙂 Incredible how we let Dalton rush for 25 yards from 2 tries. Can only imagine how much damage someone as athletic as Jackson will couse us. 

Incredible how Bears passed on Mahomes and Murray to draft Trubisky 😪

For a time I folowed Bears, not because I was a fan but because I liked Cutler. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

For me Bears can do well in a dodgy AFCN if they figure out Fields is better than Dalton. 

We've got pieces of a decent team - Robinson, Mooney & Montgomery are all decent. We have a poor O line though, Whitehair (C) and Daniels (LG) are OK, the rest are cat meat.

Defensively we are interesting. Technically we should be really good with Mack, Hicks, Goldman, Smith, Jackson, and Jaylon Johnson looks to have something. We just don't get explosive plays though. Rarely sack the QB, rarely turn it over. Hopefully Desai is changing that.

We aren't anywhere new Green Bay despite their blowout last week, we aren't even as good as the Vikings either. We are better than the Lions but I think 95% are other teams would be!

4 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

We've got pieces of a decent team - Robinson, Mooney & Montgomery are all decent. We have a poor O line though, Whitehair (C) and Daniels (LG) are OK, the rest are cat meat.

Defensively we are interesting. Technically we should be really good with Mack, Hicks, Goldman, Smith, Jackson, and Jaylon Johnson looks to have something. We just don't get explosive plays though. Rarely sack the QB, rarely turn it over. Hopefully Desai is changing that.

We aren't anywhere new Green Bay despite their blowout last week, we aren't even as good as the Vikings either. We are better than the Lions but I think 95% are other teams would be!

really hope it was a blip by Green Bay last week but we are so terrible in the secondary I can only see a lions win.