NFC North: Packers

NFC East: Washington

NFC South: Saints

NFC West: Seahawks

Wildcards: Rams, Cardinals, Buccaneers

Superbowl: Chiefs win Vs Saints

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Great season opener. Nice to see Dak back. He looked like he'd never been away. 

Predictably high scoring game and yes, nice to see Prescott back.

First game of the season and it got partly decided by kicker's mistakes.

On 10/09/2021 at 13:06, TheEnchanter said:

I also felt Buccs got the better of that Godwin OPI.

Agree 100%. I saw this posted in a Bengals forum that I’m on and it’s almost identical. One was called OPI, the other not. They got very lucky with that call.

3D3A3BCA-E78A-4895-B487-C60F4D596328.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wing Back said:

Steelers @ Bills 

So excited!

Let's do this boys!

Big Ben looked washed up but Steelers D is the best in the business at this end of the season before inevitable injuries set in. Josh Allen looked lost for ideas, he will be fine though Bills will still win at least 11 games I'm sure. 

14 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Big Ben looked washed up but Steelers D is the best in the business at this end of the season before inevitable injuries set in. Josh Allen looked lost for ideas, he will be fine though Bills will still win at least 11 games I'm sure. 

As you said, every team will have hard time playing Steelers D. I like Bills and would like to see them at Super Bowl, but there is no way that Allen is repeating season he had last year. His numbers improved so much that is hard to see him remain at such a high level, it is just a question of  how much his numbers will drop.

Watched Bengals vs Vikings, and bloody hell what a game it was. First I was confident We are winning, then sure We will lose it. Vikings were robbed here as whole stadium could see that Cook hit the ground before he dropped the ball.

Still impressive showing by Bengals and if we can keep improving and everyone stays healthy, who knows...

- Burrow looked great and there were no signs of any ill effects after his knee operation. Hope he didn't get injured after he got sacked late on...

- Mixon returned with the bang and was 2'nd rated RB on opening week of the season.

- Chase had a strong debut and could prove as a very good WR option.

- Both D and OL looked much, much improved from last season at least for 3/4'ths of the game 🙄

He did but he's still got that 18 years of experience to get him through games.

His knees however may not be as lucky.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, malek said:

As you said, every team will have hard time playing Steelers D. I like Bills and would like to see them at Super Bowl, but there is no way that Allen is repeating season he had last year. His numbers improved so much that is hard to see him remain at such a high level, it is just a question of  how much his numbers will drop.

Watched Bengals vs Vikings, and bloody hell what a game it was. First I was confident We are winning, then sure We will lose it. Vikings were robbed here as whole stadium could see that Cook hit the ground before he dropped the ball.

Still impressive showing by Bengals and if we can keep improving and everyone stays healthy, who knows...

- Burrow looked great and there were no signs of any ill effects after his knee operation. Hope he didn't get injured after he got sacked late on...

- Mixon returned with the bang and was 2'nd rated RB on opening week of the season.

- Chase had a strong debut and could prove as a very good WR option.

- Both D and OL looked much, much improved from last season at least for 3/4'ths of the game 🙄

I think we were well deserving of the win mate. We should have won it in normal time nevermind OT. The Vikings were lucky to get it to OT I thought, but it was a hell of a kick at the end from them to take it there. And an even better performance from McPherson for us and it justifies spending a draft pick on a kicker. He looks a real find!

We got a break with the fumble but it was inconclusive from the camera angles and the referees had called it a fumble on the field so the decision had to stand. To overturn it they had to have conclusive proof and I don’t think  there was.

And without that stupid decision from Zac to go for it on 4th down in our own half with a 10 point lead we would have been comfortable. Nearly a total fuckup but the right result in the end.

• Love 1

Tomlin is a good coach, he’s very experienced and he will design his plays to fit in with Ben’s limitations. That was a hell of a comeback for your guys and your D like you say looks excellent again.

Yours was performance of the day for me alongside Arizona against the Titans. Two unexpected wins. Ours was a bit of a shock too in Cincinnati but I’m happy and it was well deserved

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wing Back said:

He did but he's still got that 18 years of experience to get him through games.

His knees however may not be as lucky.

Also depends if this new O line can keep him protected. We had one of the worst O lines in the NFL last year and with two rookies and an overall new look I think it'll take time to gel. But having said that to go away to Buffalo and win in that scenario with the 'new pieces', 8 rookies overall. I think everyone is surprised. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Tomlin is a good coach, he’s very experienced and he will design his plays to fit in with Ben’s limitations. That was a hell of a comeback for your guys and your D like you say looks excellent again.

Yours was performance of the day for me alongside Arizona against the Titans. Two unexpected wins. Ours was a bit of a shock too in Cincinnati but I’m happy and it was well deserved

Agree with all that. 

If Bengals can join the AFC North party, and looking at the players you have and who is now fit, it could be a mad division. Maybe nearly as entertaining as the AFC West although not quite at that level yet. I think all of the divisional games in the AFCN will be balanced in terms of winners and losers and definitely hard to call. I look forward to Bengals coming to Heinz field in 2 weeks time. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Also depends if this new O line can keep him protected. We had one of the worst O lines in the NFL last year and with two rookies and an overall new look I think it'll take time to gel. But having said that to go away to Buffalo and win in that scenario with the 'new pieces', 8 rookies overall. I think everyone is surprised. 

Very true.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Agree with all that. 

If Bengals can join the AFC North party, and looking at the players you have and who is now fit, it could be a mad division. Maybe nearly as entertaining as the AFC West although not quite at that level yet. I think all of the divisional games in the AFCN will be balanced in terms of winners and losers and definitely hard to call. I look forward to Bengals coming to Heinz field in 2 weeks time. 

I think we are a season or 2 away but if we draft well again in the next 2 we will be competitive. I still think the Browns and Ravens are the 2 to beat but you never know we could both make a run and get up there! You’re more likely I think with the strength of your defence but I’m hopeful of a good season and we’ve made a good start.

The Browns were incredible in the first half at Arrowhead and they will take some stopping this season. I know they lost but they have strength in so many areas, Baker looks good, and their rush attack is frightening. Although if Jedrick Wills their Tackle is out for any lengthy period that will be a huge blow for their offence. He’s a huge player. 

We are definitely heading in the right direction mate and like you say there should be some close and interesting games in the North this year. I’m looking forward to our game too!

Edited by edinburghowl

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

I think we were well deserving of the win mate. We should have won it in normal time nevermind OT. The Vikings were lucky to get it to OT I thought, but it was a hell of a kick at the end from them to take it there. And an even better performance from McPherson for us and it justifies spending a draft pick on a kicker. He looks a real find!

We got a break with the fumble but it was inconclusive from the camera angles and the referees had called it a fumble on the field so the decision had to stand. To overturn it they had to have conclusive proof and I don’t think  there was.

And without that stupid decision from Zac to go for it on 4th down in our own half with a 10 point lead we would have been comfortable. Nearly a total fuckup but the right result in the end.

Completely agree with everything you wrote.

I thought that we looked amazing first 3 quarters and it makes me cringe to think how quickly we turned from great to poor. I guess it is the price we pay for having such a young team and newly assembled D and OL. We could be really good in couple of years, Salary Cap providing.

And yes, McPherson deserves some big prize. Ice cold for fella making his pro debut.

Next week we are playing Bears and it is certainly winnable game, fingers crossed and everything.

I'm only bit concern that Burrow might reinjured his knee, considering that Zac chose to run the ball so much at the end of the game ?!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, malek said:

Completely agree with everything you wrote.

I thought that we looked amazing first 3 quarters and it makes me cringe to think how quickly we turned from great to poor. I guess it is the price we pay for having such a young team and newly assembled D and OL. We could be really good in couple of years, Salary Cap providing.

And yes, McPherson deserves some big prize. Ice cold for fella making his pro debut.

Next week we are playing Bears and it is certainly winnable game, fingers crossed and everything.

I'm only bit concern that Burrow might reinjured his knee, considering that Zac chose to run the ball so much at the end of the game ?!

Yeah Bears is a winnable game for sure. I was a wee bit worried too for Burrow when I saw him clutching his leg but Mixon was rushing well and I don’t think if there is an issue he is that bad mate. I’m hoping if anything it was a wee niggle. He was on the exercise bikes afterwards and seemed ok so he can’t be that bad.

• Thanks 1