NFL - 2021

Neal M

Only a preseason game but the Bengals won in Tampa yesterday with the rookies getting a good run out. Pass rush looked good and Brady was sacked on the first drive. 

Undoubtedly still a team in transition, and the AFC North will be very tough this year, Baltimore and Cleveland should dominate and have huge winning seasons but overtaking Pittsburgh has to be in our sights.

I’m hoping for a 3rd placed season with more game time and experience for Burrow and the new players. Some positive signs for the next few years in Cincinnati.

• Love 1

Uncharted territory for me this year. Not only are we now a good team - we’re a favourite to win the Super Bowl. And that makes me decidedly uncomfortable. The words ‘Bills’ and ‘Super Bowl’ usually only go together when people are taking cheap shots about the 4-in-a-row in the 90s. 

So for me, i’m trying not to get overly excited, expect the worst and savour every minute of it if things do actually go well. 

Predictions wise, as much as I really dislike them I think people are sleeping on the Titans in the AFC. And I really want it to work out for Stafford. So let’s go with…

AFC North: Browns

AFC East: Bills

AFC South: Titans

AFC West: Chiefs

NFC North: Packers

NFC Car Crash: WFT

NFC South: Saints

NFC West: Rams

Super Bowl: Titans & Rams

Winner: Titans

MVP: Stafford (run close by Tannehill all year)

COTY: Staley

Comeback Player: Jimmy Swinston

AFC North: Ravens

Wildcards: Browns, Steelers, Chargers

NFC East: Cowboys

NFC South: Buccaneers 

NFC West: 49ers

Wildcards: Rams, Seahawks, Saints

Superbowl: Bills v 49ers

Can't remember when was the last time that I was this much excited about NFL season.

I supported Bears while Cutler was there, but since he left I lost my interest.

This year I will be rooting for Cincinnati Bengals.

They have ultra talented duo in Burrow and Chase who are both supposed to be their key players next season and who I can't wait to see play. Mixon, Boyd and Higgins are all fine players as well. If their defense and heavily reconstructed offensive line do well, they could surprise few people and turn some really good sides.

• Love 1

AFC North:

1. Browns

2. Ravens

3. Bengals

4. Steelers

AFC South:

1. Titans

2. Colts

3. Jags

4. Texans (0-17 a possibility IMO)

AFC West:

1. Chiefs

2. Broncos

3. Chargers

4. Raiders

AFC East:

1. Bills

2. Dolphins

3. Patriots

4. Jets

NFC North:

1. Vikings

2. Packers

3. Bears

4. Lions

NFC South:

1. Bucs

2. Saints

3. Falcons

4. Panthers

NFC West:

1. Rams

2. Seahawks

3. 49ers

4. Cardinals

NFC East:

1. Football Team

2. Cowboys

3. Giants 

4. Eagles

Super Bowl:

Bills win v Bucs

MVP:

Josh Allen

Defensive POTY:

Chase Young

On 07/09/2021 at 10:53, TheGodfather said:

Uncharted territory for me this year. Not only are we now a good team - we’re a favourite to win the Super Bowl. And that makes me decidedly uncomfortable. The words ‘Bills’ and ‘Super Bowl’ usually only go together when people are taking cheap shots about the 4-in-a-row in the 90s. 

So for me, i’m trying not to get overly excited, expect the worst and savour every minute of it if things do actually go well. 

Predictions wise, as much as I really dislike them I think people are sleeping on the Titans in the AFC. And I really want it to work out for Stafford. So let’s go with…

AFC North: Browns

NFC Car Crash: WFT

NFC South: Saints

NFC West: Rams

Super Bowl: Titans & Rams

Winner: Titans

MVP: Stafford (run close by Tannehill all year)

COTY: Staley

Comeback Player: Jimmy Swinston

You should be confident tbf. I think (and hope) it will be your year and then it will be down to 11 teams that have never won a Super Bowl. And then 10 in 2025 when Burrow leads the team to the title lol

Forgetting the obvious in the Chiefs, I agree that the Titans look very strong in the AFC too, and they are definitely another in with a shout of winning a first SB too. Browns are capable too and they along with the Ravens should storm our division. I just hope it’s not Brady again!

• Like 1

Some real talent at QB to enjiy this year too. Which rookie QB will shine the most? Zach Wilson was getting some mega high praise and might benefit from Lawrence having all the attention on him. Hoping Mac Jones doesn't turn into the new Brady but Patriots seem pretty hot on him. 

• Like 1