More Derby County trouble...

No idea.

I wondered whether we would get a big capital gains tax bill but fortunately I’m not an accountant.
mel must be writing off the hundred million owed to him.that’s why I don’t think keogh will ever see his money. Another £8m owed to Cocu. Dear Me. Melvyn never learns from his own mistakes. 

55 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

If the above statement is true then they cannot possibly afford him.

I don't know if it's true either. I know and trust my source, but his source is unknown to me.

If true, it might be a case of not being able to afford him, or the fact that there will be no funds available (them and many other clubs), or a mixture of both.

Whether true or not, if Derby are £60M in debt It just goes to show the shocking state of English football and the cost of trying to obtain PL status.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ANDY said:

Sounds like Simon Jordan knew what he was talking about the other day when he said Derby were in trouble on 3 counts and said they were looking at a substantial points deduction.

I’ll be surprised if we get a massive points deduction. I think the judgement is referred back to the disciplinary committee who cleared us the first time. 

furthermore bloggers like Swiss Rambler and Kieron Maguire were openly discussing Derby’s method of accounting. It wasn’t secret. If they knew then the EFL can’t really pretend that they were unaware. 

football club accounts are weird because the depreciation of player values dwarfs the trading figures. The method of accounting doesn’t really make sense whichever method is used.

For example, we sign Tom Ince for 4.5m on a 3 year deal. Under EFL methods we have to include for that as a 1.5m loss each year. In the final year we flog him for 10m to Huddersfield, and so the figure is revised to a massive profit. Under Derby’s method, we probably reckoned he was still worth 4.5m at the end of year 1 and the end of year 2 and that would be justified by the fact we then sold him for 10m. the profit we made in the final year is less but the difference in the accounts is that we avoided accounting for imaginary losses of 1.5m for two years running. When a club can only lose 13m a year under FFP then that one player makes a big difference. Is that cheating or just more appropriate accounting? There was nothing in the EFL rules that stated that straight line depreciation was a given requirement. The failure was to not get the express consent of the league......and Steve Gibson.

2 hours ago, Raminpeace said:

I’ll be surprised if we get a massive points deduction. I think the judgement is referred back to the disciplinary committee who cleared us the first time. 

furthermore bloggers like Swiss Rambler and Kieron Maguire were openly discussing Derby’s method of accounting. It wasn’t secret. If they knew then the EFL can’t really pretend that they were unaware. 

football club accounts are weird because the depreciation of player values dwarfs the trading figures. The method of accounting doesn’t really make sense whichever method is used.

For example, we sign Tom Ince for 4.5m on a 3 year deal. Under EFL methods we have to include for that as a 1.5m loss each year. In the final year we flog him for 10m to Huddersfield, and so the figure is revised to a massive profit. Under Derby’s method, we probably reckoned he was still worth 4.5m at the end of year 1 and the end of year 2 and that would be justified by the fact we then sold him for 10m. the profit we made in the final year is less but the difference in the accounts is that we avoided accounting for imaginary losses of 1.5m for two years running. When a club can only lose 13m a year under FFP then that one player makes a big difference. Is that cheating or just more appropriate accounting? There was nothing in the EFL rules that stated that straight line depreciation was a given requirement. The failure was to not get the express consent of the league......and Steve Gibson.

Do you not think you might be sailing close to the wire in terms of the £39M 3-year losses for P&S rules which could lead to a points deduction? I know your last accounts showed a profit but that included the stadium sale that masked huge losses. Your 2019 accounts are long overdue and the 2020 accounts will also be due soon. Not often a good sign when they are so late.

Then you have the risk of administration which would also be a points deduction. 

22 hours ago, ANDY said:

Is the HMRC debt being chased up ?  

They’re the ones to worry about. 

HMRC may well be holding off formal action in the hope that a takeover goes through as this would give them more chance of recovering a good proportion of the debt compared to administration. 

Is it 3 times a takeover has now fallen through though? They may end up getting tired of waiting for the promise of takeovers that never happen and initiate winding up proceedings based on the debts. 

10 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you not think you might be sailing close to the wire in terms of the £39M 3-year losses for P&S rules which could lead to a points deduction? I know your last accounts showed a profit but that included the stadium sale that masked huge losses. Your 2019 accounts are long overdue and the 2020 accounts will also be due soon. Not often a good sign when they are so late.

Then you have the risk of administration which would also be a points deduction. 

Yes, we are in trouble. we have lost so much money. The one ray of hope is that the wages were  reported to be £35m in 2018 and are now down to @£15m.