More Derby County trouble...

And Alonso claiming a £42m villa is his. :tango:

I think we've had a lucky escape with this guy. 

Another Land of Fire situation. 

Hopefully we will find a normal filthy rich sane bloke who loves Wednesday. 

Oh wait a minute. 

• Haha 2

Guest gizowl
11 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

At least the far left is the far left. The far right is now mainstream ffs   lol

What's your hobbies  defacing and pulling down statues ?

1 minute ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Why is it bizarre? It was a direct response to someone commenting on the Mirror being far left with the implication that the Daily Mail is a paragon of balanced reporting. 

I doubt either publications are far anything. Tat maybe.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

At least the far left is the far left. The far right is now mainstream ffs   lol

Don’t talk phuking daft, the left are just scroungers that will riot if a rabbit gets run over.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

What's your hobbies  defacing and pulling down statues ?

I presume you believe that everyone that has far left views pulls down statues. That is probably 99.99999% incorrect. It seems you also think I have far left views but I fail to see how you could think this from the statement I made.

I think I implied that it was some consolation to me that the far left was not mainstream. I am not pleased that I think the far right is becoming more mainstream. It seems to me that you believe that if a person has misgivings about the far right then they must be far left.

It seems similar to the derogatory use of SJW as if wanting social justice is an activity which means a person is far left and wants to destroy society. I think people generally need to think about nuance more instead of believing what their political heroes want them to.

As it happens I am further to the left than the Mail but I don't think that statues should be pulled down. I think history should be taught properly and the statues put into their proper context.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

.... and back to the topic.......

I guess Derby County tried to make Keogh take responsibility for the fact that the two players who were driving were both well over the drink-drive limit and he as club captain should have influenced them NOT to drive.  There seems to be some validity in that point of view to me, but clearly the  EFL decision makers have decided that he could not be blamed for the misdeeds of his colleagues. and that sacking him was too drastic a punishment.

I guess I can see both sides of the argument,..... but what I don't understand is why professional footballers who earn tens of thousands of pounds per week, (more in a fortnight than most of us earn in a year), don't have the common sense to take a taxi home after a night on the booze.  Frankly they could afford a Chauffeur Driven Limousine if a taxi is deemed as too down market for them.  All three of them risked their own lives and possibly those of others too, by driving or being in the vehicles.

Just yet another example of how professional footballers are so far out of touch with the real world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Hornsby
42 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Mail and its owner supported Hitler, very far right.