Next seasons kit - Please get this right

Might as well start the traditional new kit thread, something different to talk about.

Usually I hate constant new kits, but after relegation, we can't have last seasons, it just reflects misery.

The easiest and first way to start a new era is to get this right! The home kits tbf have been pretty good, happy for another of the same theme with maybe no hidden pattern (eg Camo or Retro squares).

Away - Crisp, bold, yellow. It's been too long - banana kit never happened.. 
I really dislike the green, and black/grey just looks so dull, let alone always ends up clashing with all blue teams and meaning a 3rd kit.

• Like 3

These are some i mocked up. Taking inspiration from the 91 home shirt and 98 away shirt.

Would love them to turn around and say we're going back to what we know and re-assign the old owl silhouette badge but cant see that happening.

Also couldn't bring myself to add chansiri's name on the shirt. Hopefully we get a new shirt sponsor.

21 22 kit.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Someone (eDDie?) did a fantastic kit years ago. It's not that difficult.

Get the old (new) badge back on, proper blue and white stripes and that would go a long way towards a fresh start.

Apart from DC will still be  in charge.

Guest Smackavolley

Can't we all just go a little camp and wear this kit next season.🙃 Just a bit darker on the blue with white.

Just have a party and find a song like 'Bright side of life' to sing along to regardless. Notice the badge 😝

pu31038_1_cloudzoom.jpg

Edited by Smackavolley

6 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

Can't we all just go a little camp and wear this kit next season.🙃 Just a bit darker on the blue with white.

Just have a party and find a song like 'Bright side of life' to sing along to regardless. Notice the badge 😝

pu31038_1_cloudzoom.jpg

The Puma logo & King branding look class.

Imagine that on the traditional stripes.

Edited by Big Rons Hairspray
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, S70 Owl said:

These are some i mocked up. Taking inspiration from the 91 home shirt and 98 away shirt.

Would love them to turn around and say we're going back to what we know and re-assign the old owl silhouette badge but cant see that happening.

Also couldn't bring myself to add chansiri's name on the shirt. Hopefully we get a new shirt sponsor.

21 22 kit.jpg

I love that 98 away shirt, was my first ever wednesday shirt and bought out of my own pocket money.

Blue and white stripes on front AND back (allowed blue cut out for easy to read number) of shirt - transitional shade (see 2017/18 kit). Shirt must have a nice collar, preferably in black. Job done.

Black shorts and blue and white hooped socks and the job is complete. Perfect home kit.

• Like 4

Personally, for away kit I would go for a nice orange number (see 1996). Green is for goalkeepers and I'm a bit bored of the recent churn of black and grey away kits, although this year's was a nice one. Pink is also out of bounds for the obvious ribbing from Blades. Seconding orange, yellow would also be okay.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, S70 Owl said:

21 22 kit.jpg

Like the look of these, the away one reminds me of when Di Canio played for us - had his name and number 11 on the back, then he shoved over the ref and we sold him - gutted!!

Can I ask, what software/application have you used to design these kits?

2 hours ago, BowOwl said:

Might as well start the traditional new kit thread, something different to talk about.

Usually I hate constant new kits, but after relegation, we can't have last seasons, it just reflects misery.

The easiest and first way to start a new era is to get this right! The home kits tbf have been pretty good, happy for another of the same theme with maybe no hidden pattern (eg Camo or Retro squares).

Away - Crisp, bold, yellow. It's been too long - banana kit never happened.. 
I really dislike the green, and black/grey just looks so dull, let alone always ends up clashing with all blue teams and meaning a 3rd kit.

Whilst I'm a bit old for wandering around wearing replica shirts now and have canned the five a side due to persistent knee problems.

I agree would be good to get a new kit out to go with the new team we now have to build.  I always liked the yellow away kit, bright vibrant and no doubt easier to spot than dull grey urban cammo blending in with the background. I think my favourite away shirt in recent times was the yellow one with the thin blue hoops. The last one if my rubbish memory is correct before Dc took over. I don't know why, but it always seems to make me feel a bit more optimistic when our away kit  is predominantly yellow.