Old Badge / club crest and copyright

28 minutes ago, onefurlongout said:

I assume that the current swfc crest is under copyright but does the same restrictions apply to older badges/ crests

if I wanted to use an older crest for personal use would I still need to ask permission from the club?

You'd be long gone before this administration ever got round to doing anything about it...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, onefurlongout said:

I assume that the current swfc crest is under copyright but does the same restrictions apply to older badges/ crests

if I wanted to use an older crest for personal use would I still need to ask permission from the club?

Do you think the club would be organised enough to actually know and then do anything about it. 

18 minutes ago, hk_owl said:

Excellent. Now that we know fo' sure the classic Owl is a trademark, let's get the lawyers onto Bellroy and October's Very Own. 

Settle out of court = Spendageddon League 1

You can claw my Bellroy wallet from my cold dead hands!

😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I think we need to change the badge

I have a design that pays homage to the past but also identifies that we have been a bit poo for the best part of 25 years

You're welcome

dickowl.png.566a5aa8c0c864720562513ea57f801a.png

looks a bit too much like Hitlers for my liking. 

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

Chansiri probably let the copyright expire and Bellroy sued us!

Their logo looks alarmingly similar to the old SWFC logo.  Funny thing is that Drake tried suing Belroy because their owl looked too similar to his OVO logo...   Good grief, maybe we can counter sue Drake....  Of course the Drake one has the "Batman" look to the head...   (Drake is on left, Belroy is on right).... 

image.png.cd20efdef414f25e38ec26f9edbe7d81.png

7 hours ago, onefurlongout said:

Personal use?????!

8 minutes ago, Whitecap Owl said:

Of course the Drake one has the "Batman" look to the head...   (Drake is on left, Belroy is on right).... 
image.png.cd20efdef414f25e38ec26f9edbe7d81.png

There are two different words in French for “owl”. 

Hibou, for those which have the ear tufts, and chouette for those which don’t. 

Question is, which are Wednesday? If you go off the current crest, we are hiboux, but the previous one we’re chouettes.