Squad rotation

Currently watching TalkSport and they are having a debate about squad rotation. Trevor Sinclair doesn't half talk some dribble. He says it's OK for Man City to make constant changes to their starting line up and rest players against Chelsea but not OK for Man Utd to do it against Leicester because he claims they disrespected the Premier League and the 3 or 4 clubs battling for a Champions League spot

I've heard this debate many times yet I can't for the life of me understand why people think it is wrong for managers to rotate their players. In Man Utd's case they've got something like 4 matches in a week. Surely the whole point of having a 25 man squad is for managers to be able to utilize their fringe players if and when they see fit? 

People calling for managers and clubs to be fined for putting out weakened sides is absolutly ludicrous

29 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Currently watching TalkSport and they are having a debate about squad rotation. Trevor Sinclair doesn't half talk some dribble. He says it's OK for Man City to make constant changes to their starting line up and rest players against Chelsea but not OK for Man Utd to do it against Leicester because he claims they disrespected the Premier League and the 3 or 4 clubs battling for a Champions League spot

I've heard this debate many times yet I can't for the life of me understand why people think it is wrong for managers to rotate their players. In Man Utd's case they've got something like 4 matches in a week. Surely the whole point of having a 25 man squad is for managers to be able to utilize their fringe players if and when they see fit? 

People calling for managers and clubs to be fined for putting out weakened sides is absolutly ludicrous

Man City could finish in the top 6 easy with their 2nd string line up. 

Man Utd played last Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday, play again tomorrow, does Sinclair seriously expect them not to rotate players with that schedule? As you say, they have a 25-man squad, it's up to them.

They didn't pick a team with the intention of losing a home game yesterday and turned to the big names from the bench to try and get a result. Man City will rest players now with an eye on the Champions League, not disrespectful as they have already done what they need to do and will still be playing to win. It's logical and understandable. 

From what you are saying it sounds as though Sinclair is contradicting himself - Chelsea aren't assured of a top 4 finish as yet but they got the benefit of facing a City side that wasn't at full strength at the weekend.

Man U are trying to make sure they have their players fit and rested for the UEFA Final

They're gonna finish top 3 so it's about doign their best to get the UEFA trophy as well

None of anybody else's business how they use their players

• Like 2

It only stands out because Man City don't really have a noticeable 2nd string team.

That team Man Utd put out was so far away from their full strength team in quality, certainly no match for that a Leicester outfit that have been together all season.

It's their prerogative though, a team nearer the bottom and they might have got away with it. 

1 hour ago, scram said:

Man U are trying to make sure they have their players fit and rested for the UEFA Final

They're gonna finish top 3 so it's about doign their best to get the UEFA trophy as well

None of anybody else's business how they use their players

Spot on.....................as for Trevor Sinclair , well , he can consider himself lucky that Talksport still have him on air after that whole drink/drive/racism debacle a few years ago.