London tips

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I liked Speakers corner to watch all the nutters argue with each other but last time I went it was very quiet so dunno if it's not much of a thing anymore 

Its fully of covid/5g deniers these days.

• Like 1

Just back from a Sun-Fri  visit.

Hot hot hot .. but great time.

Went up winter gardens amazing views.

Spent the day in Tower of London. Pre booked hardly any ques.. I think it's a good time to visit.. 99% of visitors are British.. very comfortable to walk around everywhere tbh.

Did open bus trip which included a river cruise. Really enjoyed that saw lots of sights and good with the tour guide.

Went to Westminster from tower pier for the cruise. Then decided to walk to Kensington palace via Buck Palace.

32c did over 20k steps 8 miles and felt it..  still managed to get a nice lunch on Kensington road and tube back.

Ate around tower hill and st Katherine dock.. some nice grub and not so bad prices tbh.

Local stopping off point was the spoons at top of tower hill.. but tried plenty of others also.

Went to Spitalfields and petty coat lane.. was ok.

Most paid for a pint was £6.. bottle of vino £20.  Few 2 for 1 cocktails places around so £9-£11 for two which was ok.

If u get chance go while the international tourists aren't around (chinese/yanks) Make a it bearable in most places.

UTO

27 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Sounds great mate, can’t wait to go to London again. Sky garden?

Yeah sky garden.. I said winter garden lol

Met up with my son also for a meal which pleased the missus and we've bought him back home for a week up North..

• Like 1

On 23/07/2021 at 19:57, Doctor Duran said:

Just back from a Sun-Fri  visit.

Hot hot hot .. but great time.

Went up winter gardens amazing views.

Spent the day in Tower of London. Pre booked hardly any ques.. I think it's a good time to visit.. 99% of visitors are British.. very comfortable to walk around everywhere tbh.

Did open bus trip which included a river cruise. Really enjoyed that saw lots of sights and good with the tour guide.

Went to Westminster from tower pier for the cruise. Then decided to walk to Kensington palace via Buck Palace.

32c did over 20k steps 8 miles and felt it..  still managed to get a nice lunch on Kensington road and tube back.

Ate around tower hill and st Katherine dock.. some nice grub and not so bad prices tbh.

Local stopping off point was the spoons at top of tower hill.. but tried plenty of others also.

Went to Spitalfields and petty coat lane.. was ok.

Most paid for a pint was £6.. bottle of vino £20.  Few 2 for 1 cocktails places around so £9-£11 for two which was ok.

If u get chance go while the international tourists aren't around (chinese/yanks) Make a it bearable in most places.

UTO

Great stuff. 

Whenever we’ve been we mostly walk. We’ve stayed near tower bridge a couple of times and walked from there to Buck House etc. 

Sky Garden is brilliant 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Great stuff. 

Whenever we’ve been we mostly walk. We’ve stayed near tower bridge a couple of times and walked from there to Buck House etc. 

Sky Garden is brilliant 

Fair walk from tower bridge to buck house mate ! 

Sky Garden was good .. it was melting tho last Wednesday when we went.. the greenhouse effect .. had a drink G&T which cost £20 for 2 ! but suppose it was free to go up.

Next time we're gonna fit in a show or two..  hopefully combine it with a Wednesday game (Wombles on 16th Oct)

1 hour ago, Doctor Duran said:

Fair walk from tower bridge to buck house mate ! 

Sky Garden was good .. it was melting tho last Wednesday when we went.. the greenhouse effect .. had a drink G&T which cost £20 for 2 ! but suppose it was free to go up.

Next time we're gonna fit in a show or two..  hopefully combine it with a Wednesday game (Wombles on 16th Oct)

Meh. 4 mile ish. 

I love walking in London

I used to walk everywhere - if i had the time

From Euston to Uni at London Bridge - then return via all sorts of detours

I had to regularly go with a player to The Royal Brompton in Sth Ken - i used to walk from Euston down Tottenham Ct Rd - along Oxford Street to Marble Arch and through Hyde Park past the Science Museum and the Mormon Church then onto the hospital - i would return by a different route every time - just wandering - having a beer or a coffee and just seeing the things that rarely get seen by visitors

Whenever i go on any city break i try to walk everywhere - you see so much

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, scram said:

I love walking in London

I used to walk everywhere - if i had the time

From Euston to Uni at London Bridge - then return via all sorts of detours

I had to regularly go with a player to The Royal Brompton in Sth Ken - i used to walk from Euston down Tottenham Ct Rd - along Oxford Street to Marble Arch and through Hyde Park past the Science Museum and the Mormon Church then onto the hospital - i would return by a different route every time - just wandering - having a beer or a coffee and just seeing the things that rarely get seen by visitors

Whenever i go on any city break i try to walk everywhere - you see so much

Same. 

Went a couple of years ago and did the Lords tour (which is excellent). Then walked down to the river but (unbeknown to the wife) went past the bbc - wife was thrilled when we turned a corner and the bbc building was there in front of her. We went in the coffee shop and saw Nick Robinson. 

Used to stay in Southwark whenever I flew over for the London matches. Great location but with more local pubs etc. and walking distance to lots of attractions etc.

Hate touristy London with pubs just for out of towners etc. 

Edited by modboy