Retained List

Tom Lees - had a good season and will be MILES good enough for League One, if he chooses to stay. The gulf is big remember. 

Uroghide - has all the credentials to do well, whether he stays in this mess of a club...is another question

No to the rest - we have around 3/4 players around still that we can make good additions to and a solid side. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

My only disagreement with you is Hunt. 1 year deal at best. I don't think he'll make it above L2 level if I'm honest so I'd release and look to get in someone else on loan to compete with Barry or a young talent who has played more games and scored more goals and is more physical, but still raw.

Agree he needs to kick on, but I think I'm right in saying the youth players like Hunt, Waldock, Hagan, etc. will be on very low wages so it is worth keeping them around the squad. I thought Hunt showed glimpses of really good passing ability and was mobile the season before last - so got a chance of making it above L2, there's plenty of small midfielders in the Championship. But next year will be make or break - he did very little last season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Tom Lees - had a good season and will be MILES good enough for League One, if he chooses to stay. The gulf is big remember. 

Uroghide - has all the credentials to do well, whether he stays in this mess of a club...is another question

No to the rest - we have around 3/4 players around still that we can make good additions to and a solid side. 

I'm sorry but Lees will get rinsed in any league he plays in. Time to go 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I'd maybe be looking at keeping hunt and giving the lad some game time next season to see if he can kick on or as a sqaud / Cup player. 

Were going to need bodies and sqaud fillers who arnt going to be first choice next season. He's a young lad so won't demand ridiculous wages and with the right training /coaching could be useful at this level. 

I can see us keeping hutch, if Moore decides to play him at cb. 

At cb he fits the system, he can pass and control a ball unlike Lees with composure. Bit narky, got a bit of a nasty no nonsense and cynical side to his game and dosnt like losing. 

Could end up being the new dodgy knees loovens if we end up with Brennan, urgohide and the u23s as our defence. 

• Like 2

Guest whowantstoberich
20 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Rhodes will get goals if played in the right way. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

39 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

I think we should.

Vastly improved under Moore. 

Plus in L1 he would be at his level 

Nope, we can do and must do better,  We need younger hungry players, we've got to stop holding on to players who have done very little for us.   I agree he's done better recently but better than mediocre isn't good enough for me.  He's got lovely hair though.  

• Thanks 1

The only players I want to see in a Wednesday shirt next season are Bannan, Windass, Iorfa and Uroghide.   There are a few (a very few) who I'd allow another chance (at this level) if they'd take realistic wages.  Id' give Rhodes a chance on about 15% of his current deal but there will be someone else prepared to pay him more even though his best days were 4 years ago.

Weve got a great chance to finally get shut of all the dead wood , Bannan will probably leave and out of the rest hutch urighide only two I’d keep ? Urighide probably on his way back to London who can blame him should av been tied down. Westwood too injury prone, Rhodes will score in league one but will get a deal in championship somewhere. If Bannan Rhodes Westwood lees reach van aken leave that’s well over £100k a week in just those players not counting all the others . You would think moore would be able to sign 5/6/7 players young hungry fit and eager to impress to add to the players still here.mind blowing when you look at those just leaving and those who left over last 2 seasons and easy to see how we couldn’t carry on sustained squad like that .