Retained List

Penny, Urgohide and Hunt may be the young lads that play with some heart going forward - which is what I’d like to see. 

The rest of them are probably scarred from their time here. Lees in League One would probably be decent, and possibly Rhodes, but he’ll leave. 

• Like 1

Just make it clear. Include the under 23s who have been retained and clarify if they are part of next years under 23s at the moment or being retained for the first team. 

Of this years first team squad can’t see many if any being retained. Hutchinson I expect gets another year and they’ll try and keep Urhoghide but I expect he will be off. If keep Penney too.

It’s more the players who are under contract we wanna deal with, more we can get out the better !!! Both keepers Palmer dunkley Paterson for starters 

• Like 1

Westwood: Release. Best keeper I’ve seen in a Wednesday shirt but time to move on.

Rhodes: Release, terrible signing all things considered. 

Van Aken: release, garbage crock. Awful 

Uroghide Meh, don’t get what all the fuss is about, offer deal if leaves so be it. 

Penney Release, again dreadful 

Pelupessy Keep, will be a steady league 1 work horse. 

Kachunga Dreadful, possibly one of the most useless players I’ve seen in a Wednesday shirt.

Harris Release, dreadful footballer. No end product, can’t cross a ball or shoot.

Reach release. Dreadful signing. Still don’t know what type of player he is.

Lees would love a fit Tom Lees, see what options he has. Maybe look at a year deal when regains fitness but way past his best.

Odubajo Release. Woeful

Hunt release, looks way off first team football. 

• Like 4

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, Manwë said:

Realistically: I'd keep Penney and Hunt, I think they may be able to grow a little in League One.

Pelupessy has grown on me this year as one player who at least gives a poo, and I think League One might be more his level and the kind of player we could use, but I think his wages are quite high (rumour, I don't know).  Uroghide also I would keep.

Ideally: I'd keep Rhodes (sue me) and actually play him.  I'd be thinking hard over Westwood because I think our GK position is the weakest in years.  I'd be looking at getting him in potentially on a coaching role, it depends on his ambitions right now.  I don't know what's going on with Weaver and I don't know the ins and outs, but Dawson/Wildsmith have gone backwards in the past two years.  Something is not right in that setup.

Who will actually we try to keep?  I imagine Odubajo and Kachunga will be offered new contracts along with Uroghide and Pelupessy.

Penney should be the first one out. He’s god damn awful. Galvin is better

5 hours ago, 83owl said:

Do we keep the overpaid worthless crap we have or do we release them and sign some other overpaid worthless crap instead. Decisions decisions.

New crap, at least it will be exciting knowing it's new crap for a day. I like poo storm Fridays.

6 hours ago, Kanye West said:

According to The Star’s latest article, this is expected within the next week. 

Not necessarily about who we want, but realistically who can we see Moore wanting to keep?

Westwood
Rhodes

Van Aken 

Uroghide 

Penney

Pelupessy

Kachunga

Harris

Reach

Lees

Odubajo

Hunt

I’d not lose sleep if all of them went, however I think with the right deals I wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted to keep Lees, Pelupessy and potentially Odubajo to have a look at him.

I imagine Uroghide will move on anyway and I’m sure Reach will attract championship interest as well. 

Hunt, Lees, Uroghide, Penney, Pelupessy. 

Probably good for league One. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Would some this club up 

Over 10 million of money walking out for nowt and resigning harris and kachunga 

If Kachunga gets a offer to resign then that's me pretty much done 

If I had to choose the first player on the list to go it would be Kachunga, very closely followed by Harris.

It's hard to answer without knowing exactly what our finances look like and how much wages each player wants. But I'm surprised so many people want to release Lees. I'd rather we sold Dunkley. Lees goes about his business and is the best header of a ball in the squad, the guy who gets most blocks, and always marks the physical centre forward from the opposition. He's not amazing on the ball (although better than Dunkley), and you can get away with one centre back who's a bit awkward as long as those around him can play.

Despite a car-crash of a season our defence wasn't that bad last year. Lees played just under 37 games and we conceded 49 goals when he was on the pitch. He went off injured against Boro and we fell apart. He didn't play against Derby and their forwards bullied our centre backs.

To answer the whole list. My order, in priority would be:

Lees - Keep - if his wage demands aren't too high

Urhoghide - Keep - tie down to a long deal if we can

Hunt - Keep - good to see him get more game time, partly depends if Bannan goes he becomes more important

Westwood - Probably time to go - he's still a good keeper, but not sure we can afford to keep him

Reach - Time to go - ability wise would get in our team next year, but don't think he'll be good value for money

Harris - Release - better defender than he was an attacker, frustrating

Pelupessy - Release - we need a defensive midfielder more comfortable on the ball

Rhodes - Release - if you get it on his head he'll score goals, but he's old and slow so doesn't offer enough. Need a pacy striker instead.

Penney - Release - shame as he looked good 3 years ago, but never kicked on

Odubajo - Release - never really worked out, high five and see you later

Kachunga - Release - League One might be nearer his level, but has to go

Van Aken - Release - an absolute disaster of a signing, time for a D-Taxi

• Like 1

Realistically only Urgohide and he won’t want to stop. If Harris and pelepussy get offered deals think that will be the end of a fifty year love affair with Wednesday. I honestly think I would cry if I had to see those two in a wednesday shirt again 

11 hours ago, morganowl said:

he aint 18 he will never bulk up , not too sure what you see in him? i honestly think he wouldnt cut it in league 2. his m8 kirby couldnt cut it at harrogate they loaned him out to lowly altringham . not sure how the others have got on who were in u18 u23 preston i think ended up at boston , stobbs? and the others who played with him? facts are they all sadly dont make it. 

Stobbs ended up at Grantham Town in the Northern Premier League

9 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Penny, Urgohide and Hunt may be the young lads that play with some heart going forward - which is what I’d like to see. 

The rest of them are probably scarred from their time here. Lees in League One would probably be decent, and possibly Rhodes, but he’ll leave. 

Penney is 23.  Not a youngster at all.  Time to play regular somewhere if he can.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

It's hard to answer without knowing exactly what our finances look like and how much wages each player wants. But I'm surprised so many people want to release Lees. I'd rather we sold Dunkley. Lees goes about his business and is the best header of a ball in the squad, the guy who gets most blocks, and always marks the physical centre forward from the opposition. He's not amazing on the ball (although better than Dunkley), and you can get away with one centre back who's a bit awkward as long as those around him can play.

Despite a car-crash of a season our defence wasn't that bad last year. Lees played just under 37 games and we conceded 49 goals when he was on the pitch. He went off injured against Boro and we fell apart. He didn't play against Derby and their forwards bullied our centre backs.

To answer the whole list. My order, in priority would be:

Lees - Keep - if his wage demands aren't too high

Urhoghide - Keep - tie down to a long deal if we can

Hunt - Keep - good to see him get more game time, partly depends if Bannan goes he becomes more important

Westwood - Probably time to go - he's still a good keeper, but not sure we can afford to keep him

Reach - Time to go - ability wise would get in our team next year, but don't think he'll be good value for money

Harris - Release - better defender than he was an attacker, frustrating

Pelupessy - Release - we need a defensive midfielder more comfortable on the ball

Rhodes - Release - if you get it on his head he'll score goals, but he's old and slow so doesn't offer enough. Need a pacy striker instead.

Penney - Release - shame as he looked good 3 years ago, but never kicked on

Odubajo - Release - never really worked out, high five and see you later

Kachunga - Release - League One might be nearer his level, but has to go

Van Aken - Release - an absolute disaster of a signing, time for a D-Taxi

Almost wholeheartedly agree with your views on each player and I get your thoughts on Lees. If we did keep him and assuming player fitness then in theory we would be endorsing a back two of Iorfa and Lees, possibly with Palmer as RB or LB, with Urhoghide as deputy, plus there is Hutch to add in to that list if he is retained (with the odd rumour that he's activated an extension clause). I'm not yet convinced on Urhoghide but he shows raw potential, the big question then is, are they as a back-line defensively good enough to storm L1, given that there's a chance we will play 4-2-3-1. 

My only disagreement with you is Hunt. 1 year deal at best. I don't think he'll make it above L2 level if I'm honest so I'd release and look to get in someone else on loan to compete with Barry or a young talent who has played more games and scored more goals and is more physical, but still raw.

10 hours ago, Doctor Duran said:

Looks like Conner Glaves who was released from u18 is on trial at Brentford.

Apprently a talented lad.

I think you mean Corey Glaves. Very talented. Unfortunately that’s not enough these days. Thought we’d offer the lad a pro but I guess this means not if true.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

Realistically only Urgohide and he won’t want to stop. If Harris and pelepussy get offered deals think that will be the end of a fifty year love affair with Wednesday. I honestly think I would cry if I had to see those two in a wednesday shirt again 

I think a lot of the supporters apathy kicked in when we gave Joey a new contract last year....put a marker down as to where we were

We shouldn't repeat this with any of the senior pros this year.....we need a fresh start, they all need to go

• Like 1