Stocksbridge Park Steels FC

Dows anyone on here got to watch them?

Seriously considering going regularly next season, but I don't really no much about the ' Matchday experience' if you will.

Can you stand?

Is it family friendly ? ( Thinking of taking my 8 year old )

Food and drink ?

Club shop ?

What's the ticket prices like?

I'm asking on here because I can't find a good up to date website of forum , if anyone has any links that would be great.

It's the most convenient ' grass roots'  team I can get to easily, and just fancy giving them a go whilst a certain chairman is at SWFC. I'm not chucking my toys out due to relegation, but I just fancy getting back to basics. 

• Like 1

Not been for a while but last time I went most fans sat in the stand. There is a standing terrace but I think away fans go in there if there are any. Possible to stand in other areas maybe. 

They do a lovely bovril, even put black pepper in it for you. Paired with a sausage roll (dipped if you're a connoisseur) and that's your mid match snack sorted. Beer available in clubhouse and by all accounts it's a decent pint. 

I found it friendly, but can be freezing on the wrong day weather wise so beware. Well worth a visit in my opinion. 

My lad plays for Handsworth U14s so we're going to start going to the Handsworth games once we're able to once more. Quite looking forward to it, makes a nice change from Wednesday tbh. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Dows anyone on here got to watch them?

Seriously considering going regularly next season, but I don't really no much about the ' Matchday experience' if you will.

Can you stand?

Is it family friendly ? ( Thinking of taking my 8 year old )

Food and drink ?

Club shop ?

What's the ticket prices like?

I'm asking on here because I can't find a good up to date website of forum , if anyone has any links that would be great.

It's the most convenient ' grass roots'  team I can get to easily, and just fancy giving them a go whilst a certain chairman is at SWFC. I'm not chucking my toys out due to relegation, but I just fancy getting back to basics. 

A mate of mine went a few times a couple of seasons ago and will be going back next season. Yes you can stand, yes you can have a drink, he said it was about £8 a ticket for league games, should be fine with the kids. Not sure about any club shop.

Yep, went a few times when I lived down on the estate at Fox Valley. 

Really family friendly club, your lad will love it. 

You can stand round 3/4 of the pitch, most sit in the main stand or infront of the club house though. 

You can get food, drinks etc... they do a meat raffle also from Crawshaws butchers! 

Last time I went I was sat infront of Chris Morgan if that helps! 

Tickets were £8

• Like 2