Wycombe want Derby relegated

All these points deductions have to stop, deductions just hurt players and fans alike. This ridiculous cycle needs to stop its over riding results made on the pitch, its unfair. EFL need to find alternative sanctions against owners , otherwise we are going to have league positions determined by the courts. Its a mess.

1 hour ago, striker said:

This is a massive mess, caused by EFL. The whole process takes way too long. It needs to be done much quicker. 

Two seasons in a row teams relegated (us and Wigan) have only done so because of points deductions. Not a great look for a sporting competition supposed to be played on the pitch.

The derby case appeal was lodged by EFL in September 2020, massive questions why the appeal took 6 months to be heard.  A real shambles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluewings said:

Derbys situation is the same as ours last season.

Wycombe did pretty well this season considering the size and budget of the club

Held a decent account of themselves, always looked like they was fighting to stay in with a

shout right to the end, but like Charlton they just wasn't good enough...

Best thing Wycombe can do is brush themselves down and build on what they

have got to get back to the Championship, stronger, asap.

Derby are literally like Wednesdays twin brother.

🦉 🐏  👀

That’s stretching it a bit mate. 🤔

• Haha 1

This is all of the EFL’s making. No clarity, no leadership etc.

It needs completely firming out to what constitutes a points deduction and when it will be applied. It’s becoming a complete and utter mess. 

When you look at the Premier League ‘big 6’ - I would’ve thought they should be hit with a points deduction as well. Absolutely disgraceful what they did. But, the premier league won’t have the bottle to do it. 

Seeing the EFL won an appeal a few weeks ago but Derby threatened legal action if the press ran with it? Where do they go from here? Another appeal? Season ended on Saturday for me, can't be handing out points deductions now.

It highlights one again that the entire system is broken, which all stems from clubs with parachute payments having an extremely unfair advantage over the rest. The only way to compete financially with these clubs is to break FFP.  The EFL need to do a lot more to make it an even playing field. Either bring clubs with parachute payments in line with the rest (spending restrictions) or allow others to compete.  

• Like 2

Here's that wonderful structure in action that everybody was so delighted to protect during all the ESL furore. 

The game is an absolutely broken shell. It's a mess. Clubs up and down the divisions will be arguing the throw with each other for years over fair play and deductions, as the parachute payments from the Premiership only get larger and the asterisks pile up across the EFL league tables. Perhaps we can look forward to some more 23 team league tables when more Bury situations happen, or more clubs looking to just kick the tire down the road to push points deductions into different seasons so they can hold on for dear life for another 46 games. 

The whole thing is a joke. Good luck to Wycombe but it makes no odds to Derby. They're delaying the inevitable and we'll see them in a years time in League One (assuming no further deductions for us and we don't drop again)

• Like 2

Embarrassing for both us and Derby. FFP is a rubbish system but it's both our own failings that have gotten us into this mess.

Football is bloody rubbish. Wish that Super League had started up, might have been able to hit the restart button then.

Instead we get to enjoy City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man get top 4 again, one of them to win either of the cups, and a team to get to the Europa League before bowing out in the first qualifying game against a team from Belarus. Those with parachute payments will be near the top of the Championship for 3 years.

43 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Seeing the EFL won an appeal a few weeks ago but Derby threatened legal action if the press ran with it? Where do they go from here? Another appeal? Season ended on Saturday for me, can't be handing out points deductions now.

It highlights one again that the entire system is broken, which all stems from clubs with parachute payments having an extremely unfair advantage over the rest. The only way to compete financially with these clubs is to break FFP.  The EFL need to do a lot more to make it an even playing field. Either bring clubs with parachute payments in line with the rest (spending restrictions) or allow others to compete.  

Well said sir. Spot on. 

2 hours ago, darra said:

Seen it mentioned a couple of times recently that in cases like ours and Derby's it's the owners who should be fined as it's their mistake and the players and fans shouldn't be punished.

Fining billionaires isn't going to make the slightest difference, unless the fines are hefty, which they never are.

The likelihood of sending their clubs into a lower league will make a difference.

I get the sentiment about not punishing the fans, but then what about Wycombe's fans who are effectively losing out because another club cheated? 

If anything, the current system should encourage most owners to act responsibly, and in the interests of their club's fanbase. That doesn't mean achieving promotion at all costs, it means running things sustainably.

Most owners seem to get the message, most.

Edited by Sheff74
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Can see this ending in court. Just read Southend and Grimsby also considering legal action on their relegations. 
The EFL have made such a balls of things every season will be decided in The courts not on the pitch

57 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

I agree with you Bassett except that the appeal was heard before the season ended. For me, Wycombe should stay up and DCFC should be relegated. I wish The Owls had gone down last season!

This garbage of carrying over discipline is like having your teacher tell you Friday that you’ll be caned on Monday! If you break the rules, you should suffer immediately BEFORE next season begins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

This is all of the EFL’s making. No clarity, no leadership etc.

It needs completely firming out to what constitutes a points deduction and when it will be applied. It’s becoming a complete and utter mess. 

When you look at the Premier League ‘big 6’ - I would’ve thought they should be hit with a points deduction as well. Absolutely disgraceful what they did. But, the premier league won’t have the bottle to do it. 

Yes

56 minutes ago, Elderly Owl said:

I agree with you Bassett except that the appeal was heard before the season ended. For me, Wycombe should stay up and DCFC should be relegated. I wish The Owls had gone down last season!

This garbage of carrying over discipline is like having your teacher tell you Friday that you’ll be caned on Monday! If you break the rules, you should suffer immediately BEFORE next season begins.

In hindsight I totally agree. 

I believe Derby's understanding is even if they lost the appeal it wouldn't result in a points deduction, as it is in relation to "amortisation of intangible assets", so would just require them to re-submit their P&S calculations, but doing so means their losses are now over the limit?

:unsure: 

How can the EFL possibly justify punishing 2 clubs in different seasons for charges brought about for the same financial period? Both DCFC and SWFC charges relate to the accounting period ending 2017-18, yet SWFC get punished this season and DCFC next season. DC could have something to say about that too.