Is chansiri serious 😳 embarrassing.

Guest T Hardy

This is no surprise.

Why else do you think we’ve only sold 4 players under him? Asks for stupid money all the time.

Doesn’t surprise me that he wants £160m. He will want most of his money back on his overall outlay which is circa £180m. 

Absolutely no chance that will happen. He would be lucky to get £30m for it. 

We are stuck with him. It’s down to DC to change and revive us. Whether he has the nouse, capability or motivation to do this is extremely debatable. 

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Doesn’t surprise me that he wants £160m. He will want most of his money back on his overall outlay which is circa £180m. 

Absolutely no chance that will happen. He would be lucky to get £30m for it. 

We are stuck with him. It’s down to DC to change and revive us. Whether he has the nouse, capability or motivation to do this is extremely debatable. 

I think he's more than proved that he hasn't, if we're stuck with him he needs to bring in people that can.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

fair point!

lol

Perhaps if Chansiri were to sell the club over the long term,  for say 6 or 7 million a year for 10 years and then if we do go back to the Prem in that time,  clause that he gets half the promotion money.

That's the only way i could see it working.

The only way this club sells is through administration at pennies on the pound. If he does, the club would star from a better standing albeit minus points, a new owner would be able to spend to redevelop having paid peanuts for the club. Chansiri cannot under any circumstances sell, en at £20-30m the club isn't an ongoing concern in that league with that income and no tangible assets. The club is worth a fraction of what he paid (given the balance sheet now v then), Chansiri would have to write off a monumental amount of money to sell....not happening, the fan base haven't the appetite or wherewithall to drive him out. Look forward to another decade outside the top two divisions whilst the infrustructure crumbles around the club. He doesn't have the money, and couldn't spend it if he did...which he doesn't. Only hope now is the current finances he has run out and admin is unavoidable

55 minutes ago, NobbyStyle said:

Inexperienced people have never really bothered me, they’re usually open to advice. 

It’s the ones that think they know what they’re doing that scare me.

This over-valuation is his way of sticking two fingers up to everyone who wants him out.

Basically “this is what I want otherwise I’m the owner until I say I’m not”

He thinks he knows what he’s doing.

Very scary.

Great post. 

This is one for all the people who bought into that rubbish "statement" the club trotted out on Saturday. 

People need to stop making excuses for this man. One thing Chansiri doesn't have any problem with is communication when he's angry. There's no language breakdown or misinterpretation. He says what he says, and he does mean it.

Nobody on earth thinks Sheffield Wednesday is a £160m value. It's obviously ludicrous. Where he says "£160m", read it as "I'm not f*cking going anywhere and you're not getting rid of me". At £160m, the club is effectively not for sale, and he's happy for us to know it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NobbyStyle said:

He thinks he knows what he’s doing.

Very scary.

And to think the "silver lining" of getting relegated was that it just might be the wake up call he needed... nope. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jp1981 said:

Joking aside, you would think that would include Hillsborough. Looks to be trying to recoup what's been put in

If he was smart he would've bought the stadium from himself for at least double what he spent, that way he could increase the asking price accordingly

lol

5 hours ago, mcmigo said:

The business is worth next to nothing currently.

It has no real assets aside from an out of date training pitch.

It does not make any money - no return for shareholders at all

It has the worst of all  income profiles - uncertain and declining

It requires significant investment to get it to be profitable

It has no hope of making money any time soon

DC should get a proper 3rd party valuation of the club.  My guess is it will be worth no more than 20m.

Everybody knows the stadium is worth £60m. It said so in the accounts. 

Guest Rodger
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Wasn't that what we were supposed to do last summer?

We got relegated

What do you propose we do instead? 

Guest Rodger
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Not get relegated

We won't get relegated from League 1 ffs. 

Utter hyperbole.