League 1 - 2 seasons?

Looking back, the last two times we dropped to the third tier we got promoted in the second season.

Have a feeling we won't bounce back as quickly this time unless DC makes serious changes in the way he runs the club.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I was looking on the lines of ,Can we stay up with Chansiri  in charge .I think we will struggle 

Agreed,  hopefully our relegation leads to some people making bids to Chansiri next week to buy the club but can’t see anyone offering the £160m he apparantly wants.  

We need a bit of a miracle for things to turn around whilst he’s in charge.  
It happened at Hull and Blackburn recently so just have to hope Chansiri follows those clubs examples, but I won’t hold my breath 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I genuinely believe we will come straight back up and be a better championship team for it, when we do. 

If we keep Hutchinson, Iorfa, Bannan, Palmer, Paterson and Windass, then bring in some actual quality alongside them then would expect us to be near the top end of League 1.

But I can’t really see Chansiri spending much because he hasn’t since 2017. Doubt he’s going to start now

10 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Sunderland, a massive club, are set for their 4th season. It's very impressive if we get out in 2. A miracle if we do it in 1. 

pigs 6 years leeds3 years forest 4 years and plenty more big clubs spent way too long there . how possible can a club like sunderland  be in league 1 for probably a 4th season? 

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, andytrig said:

Looking back, the last two times we dropped to the third tier we got promoted in the second season.

Have a feeling we won't bounce back as quickly this time unless DC makes serious changes in the way he runs the club.

I reckon you are on the button - two seasons and we will be back.

Mid table next season I think. We are going to have a lot of changes which, although a good thing, will take time to bed in. 
We might be down for quite a while. Or a bit of spending could make a huge difference. So many variables at play right now. I’m just praying we have a plan!

Guest Hornsby
3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Mid table next season I think. We are going to have a lot of changes which, although a good thing, will take time to bed in. 
We might be down for quite a while. Or a bit of spending could make a huge difference. So many variables at play right now. I’m just praying we have a plan!

Err, we lose £12 million footy income, no £6 million Magpies compensation, pay £3 million annual rent , Baz costs £2 million a season and Stadium lender owed £7 million in September.

Plus , under transfer embargo.

As Tyson said, you can have best plan in world till someone punches you in mouth.

Some punch.

22 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Err, we lose £12 million footy income, no £6 million Magpies compensation, pay £3 million annual rent , Baz costs £2 million a season and Stadium lender owed £7 million in September.

Plus , under transfer embargo.

As Tyson said, you can have best plan in world till someone punches you in mouth.

Some punch.

The things you’ve listed are why we have to have a plan. Even if the plan is to sell every single player we have who we can get a fee for and play kids that’s still a plan. The plan can’t be to do nothing at all. The horrible financial reality isn’t really a punch in the mouth insofar as it’s not a shock. It’s known and we have to do something to overcome it. Which we may or may not be able to do. If we fail we go down again or go out of business. Most likely for me is we muddle through and scrape mid table. We will see. 

Guest Hornsby
2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

The things you’ve listed are why we have to have a plan. Even if the plan is to sell every single player we have who we can get a fee for and play kids that’s still a plan. The plan can’t be to do nothing at all. The horrible financial reality isn’t really a punch in the mouth insofar as it’s not a shock. It’s known and we have to do something to overcome it. Which we may or may not be able to do. If we fail we go down again or go out of business. Most likely for me is we muddle through and scrape mid table. We will see. 

Hope you are right mate.

But are you signing up to a strategy formulated by a clown, implemented by his 12 year old?

Only a change of ownership can save us. By next month.

Factor that in if risking season ticket money.